cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Could you explain step by step how to create a hyperlink in a Web Intelligence Document? so that i can easily jump to another report.

Thanks Very much for any help!

Kelly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure why this makes a difference but when I highlighted the "Cost of Service in US $" with my mouse and replaced it with "Billing Units" it didn't work.

When I copied the link again and then placed my mouse at the beginning of "Cost of Service in US $" and then started typing in "Billing Units" and deleted the remainder of the $ text, it worked perfectly fine.

Should this really make a difference?

raised eyebrow

W.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan/John,

Yep, they are the same type. I did actually figure out the problem and the report has been taken live for our client!

Thank you very much for all your help; you've been an excellent resource!

Wannetta

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what was the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan/John,

For some strange reason, the hyperlink formula no longer works when I changed the measure from $ to units.

Original Code was Sum(Cost of Service in US $)+"</a>

Modified Code is Sum(Billing Units)+"</a>

Now, I receive this error code: missing or bad operand on the following character /

sighs Why is this happening and more importanly, how do I fix it?

W

Former Member
0 Kudos

are tehy the same type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John/Alan,

Once again, thanks for the awesome tips and guidance!

Here's the scenario for the issues I'm having with hyperlinks and dynamic tabs.

I have 3 cross tab reports. The first is the source report and it only contains 1 tab with the following objects: type billing, category, external disk tier, billing year month, and sum(cost of service) which will generate the possibility of 5 different cost centers (hidden from the user). When the user runs the first report and they click on the sum(cost of service) it will open the detail report.

The second is the detail report and it also only has 1 tab with the following objects: cost center, business segment, type billing, category, external disk tier, billing year month, cost of service and sum(cost of service). The first two objects are now manifest within the report which provides additional information to the user.

So from the source to the detail report the hyperlink formula that I posted yesterday works perfectly fine with two exceptions. If the cost center changed in the middle of the month, #multivalue shows up in the cell. How do I fix this? Also, when I export the reports to Excel/PDF format; I receive the following error message:

Request Error (invalid_request)

Your request could not be processed. Request could not be handled

This could be caused by a misconfiguration, or possibly a malformed request.

For assistance, contact your network support team

How do I prevent this from happening?

Now on to the next major problems. At this juncture, creating a hyperlink formula from the detail to the cost center detail report, I am having serious difficulties.

The third is the cost center detail report and it has 5 tabs with the following objects: cost center, business segment, type billing, category, external disk tier, item, type of hardware, billing year month, cost of service and sum(cost of service). Each tab corresponds to a specific cost center and includes a chart. If I use the &sReportName=Cost+Center1 in the hyperlink formula, then I am only redirected to that specific tab. I have Cost Center1; Cost Center2; Cost Center3 etc. so my question is how do I write the bloody hyperlink formula so the user has the option of selecting any cost center in the detail report which will open the correct tab in the cost center detail report?

I dare either gentlemen (or any other person) to work their way through this maze! Seriously, I would appreciate the additional assistance.

Cheerio!

W.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wannetta,

It would appear that you have 3 issues

1) When a cost centre changes in the month you get a multi-value issue. To solve this you would need to aggregate the data in some way, such as a max statement. That would not necessarily display the correct data through, so you will probably have to change your query.

2) When exporting to Excel/PDF you get an error. The simplist thing to do here is to see if its your server by creating a simple report and seeing can you export that. You might also try scheduling the repot for export, again to see if it works. Finally, it may be a permissions thing, in which case you could try loggin in using the admin account

3) linking to the different cost centres tabs. THe hyperlink on the detail report would need to look like this

"...openDocument?sPath=[Test]&sDocName=Test_Report_With_5_cost_Centre_Tabs&sType=wid&sReportName="+UrlEncode([cost centre])+"sRefresh=Y....a>"+[cost centre]+"<a/>"

This code can be used in a table in place of the current [cost_centre] column.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for the side note...smiles sheepishly

As for exporting the Webi report as PDF/Excel...sorry for the lack of clarification, but I actually do know how to execute these steps.

My problem lies in the hyperlink codes still pointing to the Webi reports hence they do not work properly in either PDF/Excel formats.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks a million.

W.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a bit confused by a couple of things in the thread.

1) Dynamic Tabs: I imagine that this is the ability to use the same opendoc statemtn to link to mulitple tabs. So if I had a WebI document Web1 with 2 tabs TabA and TabB then When the hyperlink was clicked from tab A it would refresh the document with the new details and display tab A. However if the link was selected from tab B it would refresh the document with the new prompts and open the document on tab B. If this the case? If so you can used code like

"...&sReportName="+URLEncode(ReportName())+"&sRefresh=Y"

2) PDF: What are you trying to achieve here? Are you trying ot link to PDFS in you InfoView portal? Or are you trying to open the document as a PDF when you link to it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

After reviewing the suggestions that I received, I have been able to successfully execute the following OpenDocument command in my report. It passes multiple values on the Billing Year Month object from the source to the detail report. Thanks for all of the productive comments!

CORRECT MULTIPLE BYM: Sum([Cost of Service in US $])

=If([External Disk Tier]=" ";"<a href=\"../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&iDocID=903309&sDocName=903308&sType=wid&sReportName=Detail&sRepoType=Corporate&sWindow=New&lsSBilling%20Year%20Month1:="UserResponse("Billing Year Month1:")"&lsSBilling%20Year%20Month2:="UserResponse("Billing Year Month2:")"&lsMEnter%20Alpharetta:="[Alpharetta]"&lsSEnter%20Type%20Billing:="[Type Billing]"&lsSEnter%20Category:="[Category]"&lsSEnter%20External%20Disk%20Tier:=%20"[Space] "\">"" $"Sum([Cost of Service in US $])"</a>";"<a href=\"../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&iDocID=903309&sDocName=903308&sType=wid&sReportName=Detail&sRepoType=Corporate&sWindow=New&lsSBilling%20Year%20Month1:="UserResponse("Billing Year Month1:")"&lsSBilling%20Year%20Month2:="UserResponse("Billing Year Month2:")"&lsMEnter%20Alpharetta:="[Alpharetta]"&lsSEnter%20Type%20Billing:="[Type Billing]"&lsSEnter%20Category:="[Category]"&lsSEnter%20External%20Disk%20Tier:="[External Disk Tier]"\">"" $"Sum([Cost of Service in US $])"</a>")

Of course, nothing is ever simple and I'm still having a problem executing the dynamic tabs from source to detail. The &sReportName allows me to only specify one tab. Unfortunately, I do not know how to create the option of executing the other tabs in my report. (Actually, it appears to be popular opinion that dynamic tabs are not a part of the r2 package. Hopefully one of the mentors will be able to clarify). At any rate, yes, I've read the suggestion about exporting the report to a PDF, but I have no clue how to actually execute this suggestion. sighs dramatically I'm still a newbie, but I've learned a great deal from reading the threads and then trying some suggestions on my own.

Bottom line, I still need help and I'd be terribly greatful to the person(s) who can help me successfully develop this report!

Cheerio.

W.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wannetta,

(as an aside, whenever you post code, it is best to use the markup/result method as is listed on the right side of your screen, for example, type a left-curly bracket, the word code, and the right-curly bracket (no spaces), then paste the code you want to share, then followed up with code surrounded by curly brackets again. Otherwise, WebI variables that have square brackets that are being passed into your posting get interrupted as hyperlinks, and lastly without using the code markup, we all have a tough time reading your posting...)

But, nonetheless, a BIG CONGRATS for building out such a complicated but effective opendocument statement, a very good example of using multiple prompts and passing them through lsS or lsM -- good for you.

At any rate, yes, I've read the suggestion about exporting the report to a PDF, but I have no clue how to actually execute this suggestion.

If you are running the report in Infoview the following steps apply:

1) after the report is displayed on the screen click on the Drop-down for Document, then follow the prompt "save to my computer as"

2) choose PDF and follow the prompts for specifying whether to Save or Open

3) if Save, then another prompt appears for a filename and location, then click ok

For WebI, the following steps:

1) Find the icon that looks like a floppy disk and click on the Drop-down and choose "Save to my computer as"

2) choose PDF and follow the prompts for specifying whether to Save or Open

3) if Save, then another prompt appears for a filename and location, then click ok

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amr,

Thanks for the response. I've read the first two docs and I've tried my best to follow the samples, but I'm still having problems. I thought the Query Builder was for Designers in the Universe, not Report Builders. Excuse my ignorance, but am I missing something?

Thanks!

Wannetta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wannetta,

In what context is QB causing you concern? The docs may be referencing you to QB in order to gain more info on the properties of your report (document) in order to assist with properly building a good open document statement. My experience with OpenDocument has been to try to keep it as simple as possible but yet robust enough. To that end, I will try to use OpenDocument with the least number of parameters as possible in order to get the job done. The best teacher is read and then experiment until you can understand the behavior, and try to keep things as simple as possible.

Thanks,

John

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the response to me trying to pass single values with multiple tabs. I've made some progress, but of course, the mission has now changed. Now, I need to pass multiple values with multiple tabs from the source to detail wid. Of course my brilliance led me to create the following which, needless to say, did NOT work. So, I am humbly begging for more assistance. dramatic sigh Please help!

=If([External Disk Tier]=" ";"<a href=\"../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?

&iDocID=886183

&sDocName=886419

&sType=wid

&sReportName=Original

&sReportName=Extradetail

&sReportName=W222+Sun

&sReportName=W234SanNas

&sRepoType=Corporate

&sRefresh=Y

&sWindow=New

&lsSBilling%20Year%20Month1:="[Billing Year Month]"

&lsSBilling%20Year%20Month2:="[Billing Year Month]"

&lsMEnter%20Alpharetta:="[Alpharetta]"

&lsSEnter%20Business%20Segment:="[Business Segment]"

&lsSEnter%20Type%20Billing:="[Type Billing]"

&lsSEnter%20Category:="[Category][Space]"\">"[Cost of Service in US $]/1000+"</a>";"<a href=\"../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?

&iDocID=886183

&sDocName=886419

&sType=wid

&sReportName=Original

&sReportName=Extradetail

&sReportName=W222+Sun

&sReportName=W234SanNas

&sRepoType=Corporate

&sRefresh=Y

&sWindow=New

&lsSBilling%20Year%20Month1:="[Billing Year Month]"

&lsSBilling%20Year%20Month2:="[Billing Year Month]"

&lsMEnter%20Alpharetta:="[Alpharetta]"

&lsSEnter%20Business%20Segment:="[Business Segment]"

&lsSEnter%20Type%20Billing:="[Type Billing]"

&lsSEnter%20Category:="[Category]"\">"[Cost of Service in US $]/1000"</a>")

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I use BOXI r2 and I'm trying to pass signle values with multiple tabs. The following code is what I placed in my souce report. When the user clicks on a sum in the Cost of Service column, then the detail report should automatically open in a new window and go straight to the 3rd tab named Extradetail. This does not happen. Instead, when I insert this code into my source report on the Cost of Service column, it makes the entire column disappear once I click on the validate icon. What is this all about. If someone knows the solution, I would so greatly appreciate some help. Also, what would the code look like to pass multiple values?

Thanks!

=If([External Disk Tier]=" ";"<a href=\"../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&iDocID=4617664&sDocName=Detailed&sType=wid&sReportName=Extradetail&sRepoType=Corporate&sWindow=New&lsSBilling%20Year%20Month1:="[Billing Year Month]"&lsSBilling%20Year%20Month2:="[Billing Year Month]"&lsMEnter%20Alpharetta:="[Alpharetta]"&lsSEnter%20Business%20Segment:="[Business Segment]"&lsSEnter%20Type%20Billing:="[Type Billing]"&lsSEnter%20Category:="[Category][Space]"\">"[Cost of Service in US $]/1000"</a>";"<a href=\"../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&iDocID=4617664&sDocName=Detailed&sType=wid&sRepoType=Corporate&sWindow=New&lsSBilling%20Year%20Month1:="[Billing Year Month]"&lsSBilling%20Year%20Month2:="[Billing Year Month]"&lsMEnter%20Alpharetta:="[Alpharetta]"&lsSEnter%20Business%20Segment:="[Business Segment]"&lsSEnter%20Type%20Billing:="[Type Billing]"&lsSEnter%20Category:="[Category]"\">"[Cost of Service in US $]/1000+"</a>")

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wannetta,

I would try taking it in steps. Start off by simply connecting to the document and refreshing the prompts manually

u201C<a \u201Chref=http://servername:8080/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp&sType=wid&sPath=[Reports],[Report Folder],&sDocName=Test_Report&sRefresh=Y\u201D>Corporate Site</a>u201D

This should display the Test_Folder from your Reports\Report Folder in public folders

u201C<a \u201Chref=http://servername:8080/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp&sType=wid&sPath=[Reports],[Report Folder],&sDocName=Test_Report&sRefresh=Y&lsSTest=u201D[Test_Field] \u201D>Corporate Site</a>u201D

This should fill in the Test parameter with the value from the [Test_Field] object.

So the first if clause should look like this

<a \"href=http://servername:8080/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&sType=wid&sDocName=Detailed&sPath=[Reports],[Report Folder]&sReportName=Extradetail&sWindow=New&lsSBilling%20Year%20Month1:="+[Billing Year Month]+"&lsSBilling%20Year%20Month2:="+"[Billing Year Month]+"&lsMEnter%20Alpharetta:="+[Alpharetta]+"&lsSEnter%20Business%20Segment:="+[Business Segment]+"&lsSEnter%20Type%20Billing:="+[Type Billing]+"&lsSEnter%20Category:="+[CategorySpace]+"\">"+[Cost of Service in US $]/1000+"</a>u201D

Where [Reports],[Report Folder] is the location of the Detailed Report. Also I have assumed the items you had in quotes should be replaced by actual objects e.g. Billing Year Month

Let me know how you get on

I noticed the format changed when I posted the message. The following were the main changes.

1) I used the full path rather than the ../../ path

2) I change to use the sPath which points to location in the public folders for the report.

3) I changed the end html tag for </a>

Edited by: McClean Alan on Nov 5, 2008 12:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

Visit following link:-

http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2SP2/en/devsuite.htm

in that select :-BusinessObjects Enterprise SDK>Java developer guide>Viewing Reports and documents.

in this location you will find all details regarding URL reporting.

Regards,

Chaitanya Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kelly,

Different versions of XI have different behaviors, so what version of XI are you running? If it is XI R2, then search for a PDF in your documentation called "BE_XI_R2_opendocument.pdf". If you are using XI 3.0 or XI 3.1, then the process is very much easier because these versions now have wizard which is accessible via right click on the cell when using WebI and put yourself in Edit Report mode.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your help.

I am using Business Objects Release 2. I hate to be a pain but I am still unsure how implementing this works?

Can you offer anymore help? I have read the Open document but it just seems to go on about SQL!

Thanks John

Former Member
0 Kudos

If Anyone can help me with this it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks All