cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP type destination not working when used for retreving data from onpremise system

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tutorial: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/abap-environment-a4c-create-proxy.html
--------------------------

In the tutorial at step 3- Adapt code, it is mentioned to create the HTTP destination.

We have HTTP destination created and available in SCP global account. I selected destination type as "HTTP", Proxy Type as "ON premise" and authentication as "Basic ". when tested in SCP it is working successfully. however when used in the CREATE_BY_CLOUD_DESTINATION method, it is giving error.

Connection test:

Then I created new destination. Destination Type "HTTP", Proxy type "Internet". When tested in SCP it not working and giving the below error

I do not have cloud connector installed on my system. Do I need to add to have cloud connector to create internet type HTTP destination ? If that is the case do we need cloud connector for every developer .user to access the CDS entity readig data from on premise suing the HTTP destiantion

View Entire Topic
Pawan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Madhusudhan,

No, you don't need to add cloud connector to create destination of Proxy type - Internet. Please share more details regarding the error you're getting.

Also, you need to add cloud connector to create destination of Proxy type - On Premise as it establishes the required connection between your SCP tenant & the backend On-Premise system.

Regards, Pawan

Madhu2004
Active Contributor

Issue is resolved. In the method to get the cloud destiantion with HTTP, added additional aprameter as Service sepcific