cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Enterprise portal as a web server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

For portal content I would like to create an URL-iview for a picture (.jpg file) where i want to put the picture on the SAP portal itself. So in this case the portal also acts as the web server.

If this is possible.

Where do i put the picture (in which directory)?

What is the url to be used for the iview?

thanks in advance

Bertil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

You can create a jsp page. The portal will display it for you if you want.

d:\usr\sap\<SYSID>\j2ee\j2ee_00\cluster\server\services\SERVLE~1\work\jspTemp\irj\root

Underneath this folder I placed a jsp folder. I could have called it anything. You can place pages here. You can take a standard html page and throw the following two lines at the top.

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" language="java" import="java.sql.*" errorPage="" %>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

And it automagically becomes a jsp page. Granted if you really want to do fancy stuff with java server pages you will have to delve into some java and javascript.

I created an images directory and placed my pictures in that folder.

Then I created an iview pointing to a web page.

http://<yourserver>:50000/irj/jsp/mywebpage.jsp

You can even try the page out in a browser before creating an iview. If you are concerned about security you will have to place in within the PCD and do ACL to lock it down.

Good luck. I am sure there are other ways but this is how I did it.

Roy Richardson

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertil,

You can save the .jpg file under any CM repository folder .e.g /documents/image. After saving the file in the CM folder, have a look at the properties of the file. Under the tab 'Access Links' you will find the url of the file. You can copy this url and make a URL iview out of this.

Regards,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertil,

In Ep5 i think it is a bit easy as you have seperate webserver like IIs or Apache. I am using IIs as webserver. Simply you place your file in C:/inetpub/wwroot folder and provide url link in .net iview or java iview (Standard URL master iview) like http://<portal server name(xx.yy.com)>/page or jpg file name with extension. This will do the trick. As your webserver is set for basic authentication this page is also secured. I am using the same for displaying my own welcome page for the users.

Regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi. thank you for the replies. But we are still in ep5. is it possible to do it in ep5?

thanks.

regards,

zl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why don't you put the image in KM and than make a KM-iView?

Regards,

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi René

I didn't know about this feature, I tried it and it seems a very good alternative.

Bertil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi. i have similar situation. i would like to link to a a website from the enterprise portal. may i know how can i do that? Is it possible to create an iView that point to the website?

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create an iView of type URL-iView and link to any website. After that you can put this iView into a new or existing user role and link this role to the user. When the user logs on to the portal the new link will be there

Bertil