Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to trigger crystal report from SAP ECC

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I hope i m right forum to ask this question.

we want to do label printing from Crystal reports. data will be present in SAP ECC .

So I below issues

1 ) how to connect SAP ECC database with Crystal Reports.

2 ) how to trigger print output in Crystal reports from ECC , lets say I create a Delivery In ECC , the print output will be issued to Crystal report and I should get a print out Immediately ( for printing - printer will be connected to local system and SAP network printer ) .

I have worked with this type of scenario in smarforms , adobeforms. but not with Crystal Reports ...

Regards

Yashpal Gupta.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the BI platform includes an eventing service which will check for the configured events - in your case for the file event.

Ingo

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Crystal Reports is able to connect to classic InfoSets, Tables, ABAP Functions, ABAP Queries.

In regards to "trigger" you could either use the SDK from the BI Platform or you could use the eventing on the BI platform

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

We want to trigger the report from ECC side. like when we create invoice , crystal report print out should be generated.

Is this possible ?

Regards

Yashpal Gupta

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you see the answer from above ?

Ingo

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I checked the hints. you provided. In BOBJ, there are file event which checks if file arrived or not and based on that.it trigger reports.i didnt find any way by which we can read the file and use the data in file to pass them as a parameter to reports.

Is is possible to print the reports immediately are execution.

Regards

Yash

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

any comment for the query ??

0 Kudos

Hi Yashpal,

First thing you need to do is install the Connector on both your work station where you run Crystal Reports as well as the SAP Server where the data is.

So I moved your post to the SAP Integration Kit forum.

Need to know what version of Crystal Reports you are using?

Search of browse here, lots of info on how to...

Thanks

Don

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Don.

Right now we dont have Crystal report setup, we want to propose solution to the client.

So I am looking for the possiblilites of using Crystal Reports.