cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track DB locks or table locks and remove the locks

Former Member

Hi,

I'm facing issue with loads showing locks and i checked no other objects are using that table.

how can i trace the tables which are locked and please help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Sivaa..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Tcode DB01 - Used to identify/trace the deadlocks of your tables.

Tcode SM12 - Used to check any other objects or any other user is locking the table or object.

Goto SM12 -> put user name = "*" and execute.

Now, check for your table which showing the lock in the entries.

There you can delete the lock entries.

Goto DB01 -> it will show you the exclusively locked objects & status.

Regards,

Bharath. S

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your inputs.

Now my issue got resolved.

Regs,

Sivaa.

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are talking about deadlocks on the db then you have TA DB01 to check the locks on db. If you talk about locked objects by someone else or your bw remote account then go to SM12.

hope it helps

MArtin

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Most of the time locks are happened due to multiple action on same table/target. at that time we receive lock kind error. so that'y we always need to schedule the process chains where there is no dependence .

when you received locks thru error, you need to wait some time to finish loading of other load after that lock automatically will unlock you can trigger your load.

if your authorised you can check the Tx - SM12 or take basis team help.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0869e29-1405-2e10-27be-db1dad770...

Even by seeing your error lock details also you can find where and when its locked.

Thanks