cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Test ABAP WebService

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have prepared a web service from a FM.

I can't test it from the WSADMIN since this system is not integrated to a J2EE server.

I am able to generate the WSDL file from Tcode WSADMIN

How can I test this web service from a browser with a J2EE server? If browser not possible then how can I test this web service.

Thank you,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

There are a number of test tools available for you test your web service without having the SAP J2EE server installed. You can for example take a look at one of the free tools mentioned in this article: <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/05/11/19TCwebservicetest_1.html">Three open source Web service testing tools get high marks</a>

Regards, Kaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaj,

Correct me on the following if I am wrong:

Won't this kind of testing be standalone from the WSDL file I provide. What I mean here in my case records entered from the web service go to BW via the Function Module. If I do the testing the way you suggested will I still be able to have this kind of integration?

Are there any alternatives?

Thanks,

sam

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What these tools do is read the WSDL file and generate a test environment for your web service. You can enter the required data, and the tool then creates the SOAP message and calls your web service (which then in turn invokes your function module and updates your system). This basically becomes a test front-end to your system, completely integrated. This is pretty much the same as the SAP web service homepage on the J2EE server does and I am not aware of any alternatives.

Good luck, Kaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaj, if that works it serves my purpose. Thanks for the valuable piece of info..

Last question have you ever used any of these tools for some experience which you can share on this end. I am totally new to this technology...

Any further specific inputs/steps from your end will of great help to me.

Thanks,

sam

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These tools are all similar and pretty self-explanatory - I suggest you just download one and try it.

Answers (0)