cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start BPM Process in Netweaver CE 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since 2 Month i am trying to use SAP Netweaver CE 7.1 EHP1. I found a lot about modelling of business process with process composer.

In my company we are often using SAP Standard Programs/transaktions, thats why I want to start a SAP Netweaver BPM Process from SAP Backend. I think there are more than one way. May be someone can tel me one easy way.

The following systems are available in my Landascape:

- PI 7.1

- ERP 2005

- CE 7.1 EHP1 with ESR

Does someone have an idea how to start the BPM Process or how to trigger start event from Backend?

Greetings,

Manuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does someone have an idea how to start the BPM Process or how to trigger start event from Backend?

Does that mean that you don't require a model with human interaction? If yes, then start with PI 7.1. The purpose of each component of NetWeaver you specified is different. PI 7.1 would act as the platform through which the SAP as well as legacy systems would communicate with each other.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Netweaver BPM process can be started in two ways:

1. Using NWA by instantiating a process

2. Using a Web service which trigers the Start event of the Business Process. You may find this useful:

/people/arafat.farooqui/blog/2009/08/13/introduction-to-sap-netweaver-bpm-part-4

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Arafat