cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to skip the variable entry screen in the web application desinger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I have two web Templates, when I go from one template to another the varible screen of the second template is displayed and prompting for the varible values, I want to skip the variable entry screen of the second web template.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Regards,

Jay Jay...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be possible, when your variable entry is NOT Mandatory. In that case we can skip the variable entry screen in WAD.

It's very simple, go to your web Template,,,,,and open the Properties for Web Template..... you can find this in Left side Block of Template.

"Properties" Dropdown Box Select "WebTemplate"..so now you can able to see Web Template Properties...

then goto "WebTemplate Parameters" ---> In "Behavior", just uncheck the Check box for "Display Varible " to make it Off.

Then you never find Variable entry screen in WAD.

Thanks..

---Intros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

But in our case, Variables are Mandatory.

Is it possible to skip that by any Changes in HTML codings?

Regards,

Jay Jay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean.... u have 2 web Templates....from one Template you are jumping to another Web Template using RRI..(Correct me If I am Wrong)...

but to go to second webTemplate without prompting any variable screen, The varible entry must be NOT MANDATORY..

so, at anycost if you want to achieve this...copy and create same BEx Query(2nd) and create same variable with variable entry as NOT mandatory...(and if u want to get the values from 1 st query create this variable with processing type as "Replacement Path", then create RRI Between them )

I don't know, whether I understood your requirement correct or not, But one this is for sure that we never able to skip variable entry screen when the variable entry is MANDATOY.

--- Intros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton!!!

First web template has a command button when the user clicks the button the second web template will open, this done thru HTML coding.

Hope my requiremnt is clear now. We haven't use the RRI here. Here I need to skip the variable screen of the second web template.

Regards,

Jay Jay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Did you try unchecking the forced variable screen entry in the second web template properties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik Egamparam Venkataraman ,

Yes. I've unchecked that property too.

But still I prompted to enter the values.

Thanks,

With Regards,

Jay Jay

Answers (0)