cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to show Descriptions of Query on a Web template(statistics)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi I have created a custom Query which shows data for certain queries running, but the data keeps on showing me technical name of the queries, I want my report to show description so it makes sense to my manager as they donu2019t understand technical names of the queries. I have tried changing them to text, key etc they wont work.

Query is 7.0 web template is 7.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to find the infoobjects that you wanna show their text, go to rsd1 and then display the infoobject, go to under master data on the right click on text table run it to see any values if no value, go to infosoures find your infoobject and load the TEXT infoobject. go to your query and change the infoobject display to text and you should see the text now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amer,

While looking at SAP Notes for another problem, I ran across a couple of notes that might be useful for this. Take a look at SAP Notes 1263022 and 1272477.

Hope this helps...

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually those notes tel me how to show technical nam eon the selection scene. i want my results to show description, not technical names..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amer,

Actually, the way I read these notes, showing the technical name on the query selection screen is the problem (a.k.a., "symptom") that is being addressed, so I am assuming that the "fix" they are implementing is to show the description instead.

Just trying to help...

Bob