cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set default login data on webi / users see thier data first and then select others to see other data

Former Member
0 Kudos

helo all,

i need to set up default login data.

like when user login he see his data first and then do drop down selection(filterbar onw ebi) to see others data

i was able to achive row level security however it restricts other data, but my requirement is like i should also be able to see others data when selection is done but first login should be my own data.

please let me know if can help.

Thanks,

Mini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anupama,

could you please explain this in little more detail . like what variable should i create and where should i use it on report. I have a filterbar drop down list for other users selection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the report is on Bex the variables with default value can be created on Bex itself .

You can also create Variable prompts on webi.

Regards,

anupama

Former Member
0 Kudos

No report is not on Bex.....  could you tell me how to create a variable prompt on webi like little more in details ....do you want me to use userid in query filter and prompt it to what ???   How this variable will give data ....can you be more specific...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be achieved using variables. Create a variable with default value as per user requirement. So if the execution is done with the default value the user will see his data. He can also select some other value for the variable to see others data.

Regards,

Anupama

Former Member
0 Kudos

so you mean create a prompt user user id and say equal to prompt but how can i set @variable(bosuer) as prompt that is availbale only under system preference in universe level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mina,

remove the row level restriction and try using prompt on user id. check if you can set logged in user (@variable('bouser')) as the default selection for the prompt.