cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send workitem to other mail servers like Gmail, Yahoo, etc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement, when a PR is created a notification mail has to be sent to the MS-Outlook and workitem has to be send to the sap inbox of the approver, and an workitem has to be sent to the approvers gmail or yahoo etc.. mail server, from there the approver has to approve or reject the PR.

I am surprised is it possible to send a workitem kind of thing to external (eg. gmail or yahoo) mail server from where the approver can approve or reject the PR.

Kindly help me in this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Balaji K.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

If u r using ECC system then when have Transaction SWNCONFIG.Here message can also configured such that it is one per notification etc. as well as forwarding on yahoo gmail etc is also possible.

/people/saujanya.gn/blog/2006/12/19/how-to-get-work-items-your-outlook-inbox

Let me know if you had any doubt?

reward point if it help u.

cheers

former_member190818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

For sending mails to outlook or other server u need to configure settings in SCOT transaction. And the mail id should be maintained in the user profile. For sending the mail to outlook, u can use the program RSWUWFML2. You should choose the option Workitem Execution in that selection screen.

There will be link or button to execute the workitem in mail. When he executes, a pop-up will appear asking sap logon details. And it will take directly to that screen.

But i doubt whether he can approve from mail itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JMB,

Thanks for your timely reply. As you said in the mail he will be having a link or button from which he can logon to sap and he can approve the PR by going to his inbox, but my requirement is different, "The approver has to receive an email to any mail server with the option of approve and reject, if the approver approves or rejects the PR from the mail the workitem in SAP-inbox has to be deleted.

I am really confused in this issue help me to solve this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Balaji K.

KjetilKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One solution would be to modify all mail clients to make a call back to your SAP system to SAP_WAPI_DELETE_WORKITEM when the user approves or rejects. Put your SAP system's address and login details in a public ftp site where the mail client can fetch them.

Another solution would be to provide two (unique) links in the message to the user, and set up your Web Application Server to handle clicks and pass the 'message' on to the workflow - e.g. using an event.

Edited by: Kjetil Kilhavn on Jan 25, 2008 11:03 AM

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BK,

generally a workitem can be executed once.

Once it gets executed it clears off from SAP Inbox.

In your case since you want the work item to go to say Gmail, as our friends suggested the RSWUWFML2 report for version < ECC or SWNCONFIG for ECC would actually pick the work item from SAP Inbox and send it to Gmail.

Hope it helps,

Aditya