cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send data from 4 different data sources to one ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

There is a transaction called KSB1 in R/3.

It has data related to cost center , cost element, G/L .

In BI, i need to transfer the data from these Data sources to one ODS.

Can any body give me some idea.

Points will be awarded for any kind of response .

Thanks .

Anu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member345199
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not exactly sure about your requirement.

My understanding is that you need to load data from 4 tables in R/3 to one ODS in BW.

The solution I can think of is to create a Generic DS based on these tables and then load to ODS.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

JituK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you wish to combine Master Data and load them in ODS, if I am correct. However not sure whats the need.

In general you can load data from n number of Data Sources to an ODS. Just create respective Transfer Rule/Update Rule to map them. Can also add new fields and populate with your own values to distinguish if they are CostCentre or CostElement data.

Else if you can draw similarity between the data, you can create a Generic Extractor and load data using one TR/UR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You need to creat four different Transfer rules or Transformations and map the fields from these datasources to ODS as per the requirement

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is i am using business content data sources.

Cost center, cost element, active line items, G/L etc.

How can i take some fields from the data sources and join together and load to ODS.

Can you give steps to do this.

Thanks.

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether u have a common field in all those 4 data sources.. and then u need to use this as Key in ur ODS and join all the Infosources to ur ODS thru 4 UR's..

thanks

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupa,

I am not sure about the requirement for making all these information storing in the same ODS, but by rule thumb, we map any number of extractors to a target.

If the characteristics(in this case key feilds) are the same, then the data feilds from all the extractors will be present in a single record.

else the records will simply be getting appended.

In the case the characteristics are different in all the four extractors then it will not make any difference if we load all the extractors data to a single ODS or load then to 4 different ODS and create a multi cueb over it.

Feel free to write back, if any further info is required.

Naveen.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think there is cost center common for two DS, but for others we don't have common fields.

Thanks.

Anu

varma_narayana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupa..

In your requirement some data sources (Cost centre, Cost element) are master data sources.

They are available as info Objects in BI (Content).

So there is no need to create ODS on these.

But the general scenario for creating ODS from multiple data sources in case of Transaction documents

Like :

PO header, PO line items...

For this the Pre-requisite is to have common fields between these data sources (eg PONo).

Hope this gives idea for u....

Cheers...

Varma