cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to selectively choose data components from multi-line container element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Our SAP environment is ECC 5.0. I am in the process of customizing workflow that associates with BUS2105 (purchase requisition at overall release level). Within the BUS2105 - SAP has provided a method GETDETAIL. Within this method, it returns detail information about the requisition line items. There's a export parameter RequisitionItems with ABAP dictionary reference table BAPIEBAN. When I called this method, I have binded a workflow multi-line container element with the same ABAP dictionary reference BAPIEBAN.

Within this BAPIEBAN structure, it has many components (roughly 132 data component) relating to the PR line items. Once a workflow task has executed this method in the background and populate the data back to the workflow container. I need to send an email notification to the user, I would like to be able to selectively choose only needed data components from this multi-line container element. When I used the insert expression to choose this container element - since it is a multi-line, it doesn't allow me to selectively choose particular components within a structure. I was wondering, is it possible to use techniques within workflow so that I don't have to write a method (BAPI) for this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it's possible to choose selective components of structured type multi line container element. I tried it with your example and I was able to choose it.

Here's how it looks like in the body of the E Mail when inserted using the insert icon.

&BAPIEBAN.PREQ_NO##&

or like this if you want just the item no. of the first line of the element

&BAPIEBAN.PREQ_ITEM&

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Mustajab

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the current workflow builder version that we have, when I define a container element (under properties tab - Element is Multiline is checked). When that multiline is checked, the insert expression only allow me to pick the whole container element as one entity. If I don't check the multiline, then I would be able to choose the component.

Thank you for testing this out in your environment.

Jennifer Tran

Edited by: Jennifer Tran on Dec 19, 2007 1:00 AM

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

Maybe I misunderstood, but in ECC 5.0 it is possible to just pass one line of a multi-line element. You select the multi-line element and then you change it by adding the line number between square brackets []. How to do this is also described in [this presentation.|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/82d03e23-0a01-0010-b482-dccfe1c877c4].

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I would like to do is - the below:

Line Item Description

00001 BIG BLUE CAR

00002 BIG RED CAR

So when I tried to do this

&REQ_ITEMS.PREQ_ITEM& &REQ_ITEMS.SHORT_TEXT

0000100002 BIG BLUE CARBIG RED CAR

When I tried this - I actually get an error REQ_ITEMS.PREQ_ITEM in the text is not allowed. I ignored the error.

&REQ_ITEMS.PREQ_ITEM##& &REQ_ITEMS.SHORT_TEXT##&

I get this result:

00002BIG BLUE CAR

BIG RED CAR

It's just seems such a simple concept, yet workflow builder designer doesn't seem to cooperate. Any helpful hint would be greatly appreciated. Without having to create another method to selectively choosing the components for the multi-line container.

Thank you.

Jennifer Tran

Answers (0)