cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see the BPS menu options when you log-in to the systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All:

I am able to use BPS0 and BPS_WB transactions to directly access the BPS development environment.

But I am not able to see the options for accessing these transactions in the user-menu(that appears to the left of the screen when you log-in to the system). I am using the BW 3.5 system. What should I do to see them in my menu?

Thanks,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assign UG00 to your user as menu, this will show you SEM menu (including BPS).

cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ajay for your response.

Probably this is something basic - but can you explain me the steps in implementing the solution you had suggested. What is UG00?

One option I was thinking was to create a role and include all the BPS transaction into a menu role. But is there a better way than that.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

UG00 is a menu transaction (try /nUG00 in command line and you will get the SEM menu).

You can create a role, and assign this (UG00) as menu. You can then use this role.

cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Thanks again for your reply.

I tried executing transaction "UG00" as you had suggested. But the system does not recognize the transaction. It gives me a message "Transaction UG00 does not exist". We are on BW 3.5.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Sorry for the confusion. UG00 is an area menu in SEM (It should be same in SEM35, though I am on SEM40).

When creating the role, if you go to menu tab, and use the button 'From Area Menu' on the right, it will give you a pop-up to select the area menu. You can choose UG00 here. This shall get you the SEM menu.

cheers,

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

welcome to SDN.

select SAP MENU in your logon screen(ctrl+F11)..its should showll all the menu.

with regards

ashwin

<i>PS n: Assigning point to the helpful answers is the way of saying thanks in SDN. and you can assign points by clicking on the appropriate radio button displayed next to the answers for your question.yellow for 2, green for 6 points(2)and blue for 10 points and to close the question and marked as problem solved.closing the threads which has a solution will help the members to deal with open issues with out wasting time on problems which has a solution and also to the people who encounter the same porblem in future.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

I created a new role called "zrole" for displaying planning trasactions in the menu. The name of the area menu to see the planning transactions in BW 3.5 is "RS00_PLAN". I am now able to see all SEM planning transactions in the menu.

I am awarding full points.

Ashwin - Since the menu for accessing the planning transaction is not available by default in the SAP menu I had to create a role.

Thank you Ajay and Ashwin.

Regards,

Kumar

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi!

actually it must be available by default atleast in the standard sap menu...may be your screen is showing you a role menu where it is not visible...you can any time shift to the SAP menu by clicking the button displayed on the upper left corner of the screen or just by (ctrl+F11)...

but any way ..i think your problem is solved...and you are always welcome for asking help..

with regards

ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think there is a need to create a role for it. Once you have a SAP session open click on Menu

System->User Profile->Own Data

Under Defaults Tab for field Start Menu select UG00 and save.

akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akash,

I tried what you said and it worked - I learned an alternative way of seeing the BPS development transactions in the menu without creating a role.

Thanks,

Kumar

Answers (0)