cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Run 3.1 Servers under different account

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have waded through all the install PDFS, and still do not see this - how can I change the account that runs the different services?

In R2 you could change the account in the various services from Local System to another account, where is this done now?

Is this now just done in one place, the SIA, and ALL services run under this one account?

but in the ADMIN PDF, there's this on page 133

"In the CCM, select the node on which the servers runs, then update the password or account."

I see that there is an account here, but I cannot change it, and when I stop the node, then the whole page dies.

I need to run the CR job server with a single SQL account that has SELECT rights to the data.

TIA

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You need to open the CCM stop the SIA (which stops all the processes) and change the account like in XIR2. The main difference is when you change the SIA it is for all the processes. If there is a need for just one or a few you can create a 2nd SIA node and just run it under the account.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, so I try to add a new SIA, and the help file just says to provide a port number.

How do I know what port number to supply? I know that the CMS is 6400, do I use that?

Rick

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

each SIA has to have its own, unused by anything else port number. By default SIA has port 6410 and CMS server 6400.

If you haven't changed defaults during original install and haven't assigned any port numbers after installation, then when creating new SIA, give it port 7410, then if that SIA will have CMS server, give that server port 7400....

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I wanted yet another SIA, would I use 8410? Then 9410? What if one of these ports are in use?

This feels very random, is there a way to methodically select which port to choose?

And now there's no option (that I can find) to add a Crystal Reports Job Server.

I have tried to add every server in every Service Category, and there is no Job Server or Crystal Reports Job Server that is obvious.

Where is this hiding?

Thanks again

Rick

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to select ports that are in available port range and not used by any other process.

It can be anything outside the reserved port range (which you can easily find on internet).

Our product doesn't care what those ports are, as long as they are available.

This is TCP/IP communication ports. Each service that uses TCP/IP needs and use at least one.

Process of addint servers is described in the Admin guide. You need to do it in CMC>Server>Manage>Add new server wizard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, found the CR Job server, in R2 you would add a job server and change the type, now it is located

Service Cat > Crystal Reports > CR Scheduling Service.

Thanks, now how to mark this as answered? (-:

Cheers!

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're logged in, there should be a link at the top of the thread to mark this as answered.

Answers (0)