cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to reve Extra special characters from source file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am doing an file to idoc scenario in which i am using SEEBURGER BIC adapter for converting flat file to xml.My input file contain HEADER ,ITEMHEAD AND FOOTER.When i am processing an error is coming extra charcterYP persent before header.While in input file its not visible,it might be some special controll character

my file is with utf-16 format( little endian) encoding.

Plz share if u have any idea about the sudden occurence of special character and how to overcome it.

Regards

Saurabh Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dreamcatcher

Can u give me some detailstha what u have implemented in adapter module for this problem .Then i will think that what can be done from the SEEBURGER prospective by the way i am also new on it.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what I understand from reading about BIC is that it may be used as a module in FTP/file adapter and if that is the scenario in that case we can have another custom adapter built that will be called before the BIC adapter is called and will pass the data without the extra character's.

Pleas let me know if this is your scenario ?

Cheer's

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dreamcatcher

Just send that module mail i think we can implement it.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dreamcatcher

U have written that u will give me the adapter module code to remove extra spaces but ihave to remove BOM(Byte Order Mark)[FF FE]two special characters

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, i meant the code for removing the special character.

Just a quick clarification about what i read in your previous post: that you are using a SEEBURGER adapter and in this adapter there is a module deployed called BIC which does the file to xml conversion.

So the plan is to insert the custom adapter which will remove the extra space before the BIC adapter in Seeburger adapter right. my only assumption here is that we can add this custom adapter before bic module in Seeburger adapter module tab.

Basically i dont no whether you have the option of adding a new adapter module in SEEBURGER ADPTER BIC MAPPING DESIGNER just like there is one in File adapter.

Please confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dreamcatcher

Thanks for ur help.My mail id is saurabhsaketsharma@yahoo.co.in.

I will eagerly wait for ur mail .

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

FIle type binary i can use in my communication channel.But here i am using SEEBURGER ADPTER BIC MAPPING DESIGNER so i am not sure how to give file type binary here.by the way my source file encoding is UTF-16LE

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dreamcatcher

you are absolutely right BIC is used as a module in FTP/file adapter .At first i am using a SEEBURGER ADPTER with BIC adapter module to convert the source input flat file to xml.Here only the conversion is getting failed with errorr that special character found at the begining of source file (that is actually BOM persent at the first data of all UTF-16LE file.MY concern is how to remove these BOM from my source file in SEEBURGER BIC ADAPTER.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case i can help you i think, pass me your email id i will send you the adapter code which you can use to remove the extra space.

FYI - I will be able to send the code only tomorrow though.

cheer's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

The extra charcter coming is BOM[FF FE] used as signature for the UTF-16LE .My concern is to how to remove this BOM.so that my file get processed successfully

regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saurabh,

I have not worked with BIC adapter but just a thought if you can develop adapter modules for BIC adapters then this can be easily done in the module.

we had a similar issue with special characters in a sender file scenario and had used adapter module to remove the special character's.

Cheer's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefen

firstof all thanks for reply.Secondly as i have mentioned i am performing the flat file to xml conversion by SEEBURGER BIC ADAPTER so i have mentioned the UTF-16LE(little endian) encoding type in my BIC ADAPTER itself.plz ask any question if u want ot clearify more.

Regards

Saurabh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case, you have set the file type to binary instead?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you put UTF-16 to file encoding attribut in comm. channel?