cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve reports when the repository is corrupted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have BO Enterprise XI 3.1 with SP2 whcih was installled with MYSQL repository.

For unknown reson, now MYSQL repository is corrupted and we do not have a back of database , how ever we do have a back of Filesystem which includes FRS (File Storage ) files.

I want to retrieve all the webi reports, I do not worry about users security part because we can re-create it later once we retrieve the reports.

a) Can anyone advise me how to retrieve the reports

b) can we retrieve using backup FRS files? If so, how?

Please advise.

Thanks

Pushpa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you know the extent of corruption??

Have you tried using the repository diagnostic tool - to see if you can identify and repair ?

I have seen RDT to be helpful if report exists in FRS but some-how location/link is corrupted in meta-data repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we did tried to re-cover , we can connect to the repository database, but when we added in SI, we get error.

So we did create a new MYSQL database and added to the same SI Agent with default port 6400.

Now we can login to CMC. But when we check SERVER s- Input File Repository, it gives only 2 options- New Server, Create Server Group. All other options like Start SErver, STop Server, Properties etc...are disabled.

Thanks

Pushpa

0 Kudos

Hi Pushpa,

Did you try to recreate the SIA? Many times it helps to recover the data. Create a new SIA, with a different port default is 6410, try with 6420.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, I did re-create a SI Agent with different port number and pinted I/o Respositor Server path to back up IFRS and OFRS .

and update CMS objects. It is definitely going thro the path which is pointing , but not recognizing all old webi reports.

Thanks

Pushpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming we do not have backup of CMS database and is corrupted, and having FRS backup can we retrieve the universe and webi reports?

Please need suggestions....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From the FRS Back up you can retrive the Webi Reports. check id there any local copy on your computer for the Universe at this loacation :\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Business Objects\Business Objects 12.0\Universes on your Client machine.

Thanks,

Bhargav

Edited by: Bhargavk on May 24, 2010 9:11 AM