cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Restrict Variables in Selection Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have set filter variable for my Region which includes (East, West, North, South).

And I'm restricting North and South in the Selection Screen and displaying a choice of East or West on the Selection Screen.

I tried right click variable in filter pane-> Restrict -> Move.....East and West to right side. and saved it.

When I tried executing it I'm being displayed all the 4 values at the Selection Screen.

Can any real experts help me resolve this

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didnt understand the req.. Do you mean, you want to display the data such that north and south are permanent selection and a choice between east and west?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Selection Screen should only let me select East or West.

Hope its clear.

Thanks

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think you can restrict only two values, whenever you will try to choose, it will display all the exisitng values for the variable.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set Authorization Relevant to the Region Object and selected only those 2 regions ( East and West) in that particular user authorization. Now when the user runs this query it displays only these 2 regions.

Thanks all for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are two ways in which you approach this

- Create a variable for Region and set the Default values to East and West. This way when the user runs the query the selection will be by Default populated as East and West. You don't have to go in and do a selection.

- Personalize the variables.

Refer to the link below which contains details on Personalizing variables.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/6e4f4db9cc1956e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

In short, when you run the query you can see a Personalize variables button where you can just choose Ease and West. You can also choose whether to display or hide the personalized variable. When you hide it will internally be restricted to Ease and West.The result is displayed with your personalized values the next time you execute the query. The down side to this is this is specific to a user.

Apart from the above two, i don't think you can choose the selection only to display East and West. As long as your master data and info provider has all four values you cannot hide them.

In the query designer, when you click on the Region infoobject in the Advanced tab, you will see four options. You can only choose among the four. Here you can see that you can only choose between Master data, infoprovider etc.

Regards,