cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset Vendor attribute load Delta pointer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we loaded data for 0VENDOR_ATTR, get red error '# ' invalid characters.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Will it reset the delta pointer? I think not. Even if it could (which I am not sure), now that you have done a successful load, it can't do it any more.

If you have access to source system, check table BDCP for entries with tablename LF*, likely there are no entries (meaning no change pointers, unless some new vendors have been added/changed). If so, the source system doesn't know of these delta anymore.

I am not sure whether you can reconstruct after deleting the request, or not.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suggest you do a full pull now and reset your delta. That should solve your problem.

Cheers,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kedar,

You mean to conduct the Full Repair load?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not a full repair load, but a full pull(full upload - one time to get get the data most current) from the Source system side. You could try a full repair load, but I doubt, it'll solve the problem.

Cheers,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

If you have large no of vendor and you do not want to do a full load (rather restrict it to the 2k odd you had in that load), you can do that.

1 - If you have it in PSA :

Get the PSA table name (table RSTSODS, specify datasource as 0vendor_attr and field ODSNAME_TECH will give you the table)

Check this table in SE16, you will get the request/vendors there.

Create a full upload infopackage based on vendor selection; in vendor selection specify type 6 (ABAP routine), write code in the routine to read all the vendor from PSA table identified above for the specific request. Run the infopackage, it will bring those vendors data.

2 - On source system;

You can read CDHDR and CDPOS entries for the vendor changed since last good load; this gives you all the vendor you want to send to BW. You can 'create' change pointer entries by writing these to BDCP, and then run your delta which will pick these up.