cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Replicate Data from ERP to HANA Table using SLT?

i035588
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a HANA System with Existing Schema and Existing Tables in it where we have table to store Purchase Order Header Information.

I also have a ERP system where we have similar table ( with Different Name) where we store Purchase Order Header Information.

Can i replicate Data from ERP PO Header to my HANA System with table which under a Existing Schema using SLT ?

Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

i035588
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Reply.

So the answer is No.

all want is replicate the below which is answered as NO.

EPR System

Schema=
SAP<SID>DB

Table name
= SNWD_PO

To

HANA DB

Schema =
SAP_HANA_DEMO

Table Name =
sap.hana.democontent.epm.data::EPM.Purchase.Header

If not SLT , is there any other tool which can achieve this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Arun,you can very easily do it through SAP Data services.

Create a Source Datastore between ECC & DS & Target datastore between DS & HANA.

then Import the metadata of the said table.

The process is very easy but you need to have some ideas in SAP Dataservices.

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

@Arun:as I described, with SLT you can change the target table name. This is what you want to achieve right?

@Joy SAP: To be honest, all the steps described by you will be handled by SLT automatically (no manuell import of metadata, etc). Also for a beginner it is much easier to work with SLT - this is a fact, some DS folks gave this statement after participating at SLT hands-on session. Before I do not see any overwhelming figures about the initial load of DS compared to SLT, we should stop here to avoid that more and more get confused.

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I absolutely agree with you..But it does not matter as both the products are from SAP

SLT & DS are both the children of SAP so we should always highlight the pros & cons of both.Now its the customer who will decide on what DP tool they want to choose.

Both SLT & DS have indivitual pros & cons.So its always better if we have the option both.

We should always think from the customer perspective rather than our own interest or goal.

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey Joydeep,

i totaly agree with your statement, and I also see the benefit of using both tools together (this is why we release an integrated SLT+DS scenario).

But just to say, use DS for load and SLT for replication without some more detail on the scenario and performance aspects, will more confuse than it helps. And to be honest, to setup a combined scenario could lead to overhead, maybe unnecessary overhead - and the goal should be to simplify the process, right?

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

I think no..You cannot replicate Data from ERP PO Header to your HANA System with table which under a Existing Schema using SLT.It will be in a different schema.That schema you need to define during SLT Configuration(LTRC).

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You could replicate into the same schema and name the target table different.

For example: There is table A already available in you HANA schema, but in source there is also a table A you would like to replicate. Via SLT you can define the target table name should be A2. So the result, in one HANA schema you have table A and A1 and you can build on top an application.

Best,

Tobias

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

When you use SLT, it creates its own schema(SAP{SID})

So data gets replicated to tables in that schema

So using SLT, you can't replicate data to any other HANA Schema

Regards,

Vivek

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No, you could use for the configuration name an existing schema name. The result, SLT will replicate in the existing schema. This is working.

Best,

Tobias