cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reconstruct a full project from the DTR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've created a simple Java project with one Class and uploaded it to the DTR. I've deleted the project from my NWDS but it exists fully at the DTR. My question is how can I reconstruct this project (as a project and not just it's java file) in my NWDS?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you upload it to the DTR by using DTR -> Share Project? That's the way it should be done if you do not make use of the other NWDI components. You can then reconstruct the project by rightclicking the correct folder in the DTR and selecting "Create Project...".

Former Member
0 Kudos

10X Pascal, I see now that there a Create Project... option that I wasn't aware of.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I still have a problem with DynPro projects:

Suppose I have a DynPro project which was never on the DTR before. In order to move it there I make the following steps:

1. Choose DTR->Share Project...

2. Adds all the resources to a folder at the DTR with the same project name.

3. Checking-in the activity.

At this stage the entire project is at the DTR.

Now, suppose I deleted it from my local filesyatem and I would like to reconstruct it. For this I make the following steps:

1. Sync the project to my local file system.

2. Coose the "Create Project" option. The project has been created.

Now I would like to edit it: I add it to an activity but when I do the rebuild I receive this error message:

"Folder... /bin could not be deleted because of the following reasons:

-folder itself is checked out.

- some members are checked-out

- some members are outdated"

But in order to do the edit I need to ckeck-out the project. So why am I getting this error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You checked-in too many folders: The bin folder should not be in the DTR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not need to Sync Sources before you select Create Project. Create Project takes care of that automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So suppose I have a DynPro project, which folders should be included at the DTR and which not (and that will not cause me to not being able to reconstruct the project on another pc)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

provide some answers to your question. Looking at some Web Dynpro projects in our DTR I come to this list:

cfg

def

Model Folder

src/packages (so, not the complete src folder...)

test

Message was edited by: Pascal Willemsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

10X Pascal for this advice. I will check it tomorrow and let you know how it went.

But if so, why the DTR doesn't choose this folders only by itself?

And another question: The post you directed me to suggests to put other things than you stated. So which ones should I choose?

Former Member
0 Kudos

First: Make a backup of the files involved before you proceed...

My list is a bit tighter, so if you use that you might lose some files (hence the backup). Since you've got a backup, you can start adding those, but make sure you do not add to much at once and stay within the lists posted by me and Pran in the other topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

10X for the advice, three more questions on that matter:

1. Is the list suggested by Pran will be sufficient to reconstruct the project on a different pc at later time?

2. What about the .classpath file? Suppose each developer keeps his packages in different place, once he will create the project on his pc the classpath wouldn't be valid for him. Any solution for this? Is this file suppose to be at the DTR?

3. Which files should be added to the DTR in case of PAR projects and in case of regular Java projects?

Thank you in advance,

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again Pascal,

I tried implementing what you said regarding Dynpro projects and when I share the project and add resources to the DTR I don't see the folders you have mentioned, what I see is this:

.calsspath (file)

.metamodel (file)

.projeect (file)

.tassapinfo (file)

META-INF (folder)

Model Folder (folder)

bin (folder)

lib (folder)

src (folder)

The project's era file

So which ones should I take with me to the DTR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you only need "src" and "Model Folder" in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

At which case? at the PAR project case or at the DynPro project case because when I do it at the DynPro project case I loose all the Components...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it also adding the packages folder inside the src folder? If not, add that manually.

Message was edited by: Pascal Willemsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does add them...

I am startung to get confused over here...

Could you rtell me which ones from thee list I gave you I need to add? And how can it be that I can't see the folders you recommended me to add?

Message was edited by: Roy Cohen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

I tried again: Now I've uploaded to the DTR everything accept the bin folder and it seems to be working.... Should this be the right way to do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jus make sure you do not check-in any .java files in case of a Web Dynpro project, since these are generated files. When they're in the DTR, they'll be readonly on your local system and the build will fail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I know why we see different things: I develop localy and I assume you develop in DC mode.

Regarding the upload: Well, I am uploading the gen folders as well (with it's java files content). If don't do that when I create the project it complains that gen_ddic/datatypes for example is missing....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I gave it another try.

It is working if I don't upload the gen_wdp folder but it must have the gen_ddice folder otherwise it won't compine on reconstruction. So how can it be that on every post I've read so far on the subject it says specifically not include either of these folders? Could it be because I am developing local Dynpro projects and not DC's?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

the easiest way to migrate local WD projects into DTR is described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/de/9e/1c200ac164cf4a942f2dacdf3359e9/frameset.htm

This is the way I've done it several times and it works fine.

Regards,

Bjoern