cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive/execute workflow workitems in MS outlook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was told that it is possible to receive/execute workflow workitems in MS outlook or other supported mail clients (not SAP INBOX). I have tried to research (SDN, OSS) and so far just found documentations to set up workflow notification to MS outlook. Nothing about receive/execute workflow workitems. I'd like to be able to set this up without buying a third-party vendor product. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some guidance on where to find some helpful documentations or some brief description how to configure this.

Thank you.

Jennifer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JT,

as Sandy said you need to run this report in batch inorder to send workitems from SAP Inbox to Outlook,

do check my aswell as other threads on the same, you could get the steps for it.

Aditya

Message was edited by:

Aditya Varrier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni.

If you're look after the latest approach, use extended notification instead of RSWUFML2.

There is plenty of discussion in this forum for old fashion (RSWUFML2) and new approach (extended notification)

Message was edited by:

Sandy

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

I've heard it could be possible with the SOAP adapter. I never used it but I found these links in SAP Help:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9f/fdca3f01f33e1ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm">General info</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9f/fdca3f01f33e1ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm">SOAP adapter</a>

This should allow you to approve without direct access to SAP.

If you want to execute with direct access to SAP you can use program RSWUWFML2 which allows you to send mails with executable attachments. But the user needs sapgui installed on his pc, and be able to reach the SAP system.

Regards,

Martin

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

Just another update. I checked the forum for offline approval and found a thread about offline approval with adobe forms. In here was also program RSWUWFMLEC mentioned. This is a SRM program which sends executable workitems as e-mails, and gets the response by e-mail. Link is

But this means you need to have access to a SRM system and build this functionality in R/3. According to the second link it is doable.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your helpful reply on my question. I was able to use RSWUWFML2 to send workflow items with executable attachments to MS outlook inbox. The user in this case is myself since I am testing - I do have SAPGUI installed on my PC. However, it only seems to work if I am actually logon to SAP/R3 at the time when I clicked on the executable attachment. If I am not logon to the SAP/R3 when I clicked on the executable attachment, it is expecting for me to enter password. Is there anyway to get around this problem that you know of? Again, I do really appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

After discussing with someone else that just went to SAP training. She did say that what I am seeing is standard SAP functionality.

Thanks.

Jennifer