cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read query data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the best way to get data from a query in the BW system? Given a query name can i get data in simple table format?

Thanks and Regards,

Sheetal

Message was edited by: Sheetal Pisolkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i understand you are trying to access the BW Query internally in the web app server.

I recently found a weblog to create RFC to access the MDX of a Query from inside the web app server.

Part 1

Part 2

Assign Points if it helps

AP

Edited by: Marilyn Pratt on Jul 16, 2008 11:26 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AP,

I am sorry for not being more clear on my problem.

I am getting the list of queries from the RSZCOMPDIR table. So given the query name (which i get from RSZCOMPDIR.COMPID) can I get the metadata and data it contains?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sheetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

sheetal,

here's a lead you could try to explore: when you use tcode RSRT you can give the query name and output the report as a list display. perhaps by analysing how that functionality works, you will probably have an understanding of how to go about your problem.

ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal,

you can goto the meta data repository in BW for the query of interest. It gives you information about the infoprovider it is running on, about filters, free characteristics, rows, columns, variables used ...

Goto RSA1->MetaData Repository.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Is there a RFC call i could make to get all the inforamtion about the query metadata and the query data?

Regards,

Sheetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheethal,

What do you mean by read query data? Basically Queries are used to read data from BW system.

In Web application designer you have TABLE web item to which you can assign this query!!

Is this what you were expecting

In Query designer you have Table Display in the Toolbar.

Hope this helps

AP