cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read function module from other servers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am developing a smartform fromwhich i need to call a function module and read data from a different server which is RFC enabled function module.

How can i call a function module and read data from different server. Please explain me the way to do.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

You have to create a logical system for the target system and establish rfc connection between source and target and use destination parameter in the rfc function call

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC connection is already there.

Can you please provide me detailed explanation on how to read data from other server.

former_member209217
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which data you want to read. Do you want read data from a table. Then use RFC_READ_TABLE. Just enter the destination after calling the function module.

CALL FUNCTION 'RFC_READ_TABLE'   DESTINATION  ' SERVER1'  "----->Give your destination over here
*EXPORTING
*Parameters-------

Regards,

Lakshman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not want to read data from table, I want to read function module from other server.

Please explain in detail.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per your understanding I'm explaining this.

The function module which you are speaking about, is in the other system say for example DEV2.

The smartform which you have developed is in DEV 1 system right, you know the RFC name of DEV1 . Now if you want to access the Function module that is in Dev 2 system. you need to do as mentioned below

CALL FUNCTION <Function Module in Dev1 System > DESTINATION '<RFC Name of DEV1 System>'.

Vote points, if it my exp. is useful to you.

Best Regards,

Prasad.

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto SM59 and check if any existing RFC destinations have been defined for the server from which you need to retrieve data. Otherwise, create one and use it as DESTINATION '<Your RFC Dest>' after CALL FUNCTION "<your FM Name>'.