cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read an entire BRF+ decision table within ABAP code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please advise how to do the above in a formatted way.

I have seen these method and debugged which would be ideal to use but are private methods

CL_FDT_WD_DECISION_TABLE_MODEL->GET_TABLE_DATA

CL_FDT_DT_EXCEL->GET_FORMATTED_DT_DATA

Also the following method seems to have the data but needs a lot of formatting which I would rather not do:

CL_FDT_DECISION_TABLE   IF_FDT_DECISION_TABLE~GET_TABLE_DATA->GET_TABLE_DATA

Any suggestions on the best API / method to access a full descision table within ABAP would be appreciated.

Note that I have found the below thread which helps a bit but I need further help as above.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3305153

Samir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at demo program FDT_DEMO_REPORT_DEC_TABLE_ADV.  After the START-OF-SELECTION, it has logic to read the entire decision table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I thought I would try one more time in case anyone can help here!  Thanks,

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.  Thanks

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir

I'm just wondering... what is the requirement that you're trying to meet?

If you've created and populated a new decision table and then are just trying to pull the data from BRF+ into your ABAP code to process it there then you're defeating the purpose of using a rules engine like BRF+. You might as well just create a Z table.

If you have a complicated requirement that truly does demand that the decision table data be extracted into ABAP code then please share it with us so that we have some context and can know how to best answer your question... there might be a better way to meet your requirement.

Kind Regards

Glen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your reply.

The context is as follows :

1. We have an existing decision table in BRF+ which holds discount information and is used via a telesales channel within CRM accessed on a per transaction basis reading a single line of the table at a time.
  2. We will have a requirement to use the same information via a web channel service which will need to access the full BRF+ discount decision table information on a once per day basis reading the entire table since accessing in a similar way to the telesales would be very performance intensive as it requires a web service call each time.

Samir

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't you deploy the table into the web channel system?

Please note that Mouritech is also offering translators of BRFplus/NW DSM services into other languages such as Java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for your reply.  Please can you elaborate on how we could deploy the table onto the web channel system.  We were planning to have a daily web service call from the web channel system to SAP CRM which would extract the appropriate decision table information, but as per the orignial post, we it did not seem straightforward to do that.  Thanks,

Samir