cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform DB02 health check in S4 HANA Systems

VINAY2506
Discoverer
0 Kudos

As per  my Knowledge Db02 is used for space over view. The DB02 screen is different in both ECC and s4 haha. can any one  help me on how to perform the DB02 health check on S4 HANA system.

VINAY2506_0-1719113658409.png

View Entire Topic
Kishan_D
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

DB02 transaction functionality should not change much from ECC to S/4HANA. The dependency is more if the database type is changed (e.g. ORA to HDB). You can check the Overview/Alerts sub-section under the Current Status section (right on top) to view the general health of database system.

For remaining sections/detailed checks - you can drill down to specific subsections and check status like consistency checks, performance, system replication (if configured), backups etc. 

Not sure if I answered your question - else let us know if you are looking for something specific in DB02.

Regards, Kishan

VINAY2506
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Tq for Your kind response... But i have one Doubt! when we execute the DB02 t-code in ECC it redirect us to space over view, there we can able to view the free space. but in S4 it was completely changed.my query is what should we do in DB02. could you please give me a detailed explanation....
Kishan_D
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Agree, the DB02 screen in S/4HANA takes directly to Diagnostics: Missing Tables and Indexes. The generic space stats can be seen in DB02 via Current Status -> Overview. Memory Used/Allocation Limit, CPU Usage, Data/Log/Trace Volume Usage/Size etc are shown here. You can click on individual metric to get into detailed usage/info. Is this what you are looking for?

Regards, Kishan