Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open/create new salesorder in button click

resmi_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to open/create a new sales order on a button click of sales order page.

Below is my business scenario:

I have a sales order A with 2 items item1 and item2. Item1 is available and item2 is out of stock. In this case I need to add a button in sales order page .On click of this button a new order B should be created(split the items of Order A by creating Order B). Order B will have same information of Order A.

How to achieve this functionality.

Thanks,

Resmi

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Resmi,

You an do it via PDI.

1. You can enhance the standrad screen with an OBN button and link that OBN button to new screen by passing the current SO UUID to that pop up screen. This POP up will be linked to a Custom BO and will be connected o standard screen via OBN navigation.
2. Now, the popped up screen will query the current SO and finds out the Item which is out of stock and will create new SO using the PDI create Sales Order code (which you can find our in Repository explorer) on click of an OK button or something like this.

I have just written the high leve technical architecture of the solution.

Regards,

Saurabh

resmi_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any document or any related links on creating similar scenario.It will be helpful for me a s starter on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Resmi,

unfortunately not. But this development is a mix of various informaions which you can browse from here and there:

Dev 1: How to add custom OBN button to standard screen.

Dev 2: How to pass values from Standard Outport to inor of custom screen via OBN button.

Dev 3: Writing code- to query SO from buffer and creating a new SO (this is available in repository explorer)based on blah blah condition.

I am sorry, it is not ossible for me to write all lines of code and steps line by line. But I hope you can find the information based on the division I have provided.

resmi_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurabh.

I can start with the steps you have provided.