cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Off set the variable range ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

experts !

i have created a variable on ofiscper, and it gives a range for that. ( e.g. 001/2009 - 012/2009 ) . everything works good. but i have to show values for the same range for previous year too.. so i thought that off set should be working. But i am not gettting the correct results if i use off set to ( -1 ).

can we use offset for a variable whcih takes range ?

what are my options ?

Thaks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you,

Off set -12 worked ..

mahesh_mahi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi honar,

1. Take that 0fiscper In Characteristic Restrictions box.

2. Right click on it choose Restrict option. you will get a window select variabls option.

3. You may have predefined variable. Take that into selection box.

4.Take the Offset value -12.

Note : Make sure that your variable should be Intervel option in variable Represents.

This may resolve ur prob.

Thanks,

Mahi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think offset would work on ranges.

We can use formulas to check if the period in data falls in previous year ( year which is given as input) and then depending on that you can choose which rows to be displayed ( may be condition could help).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to take offset value as -12.

BR,

Koushik

former_member210615
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Choose the option value ranges instead of variables when restricting a characterstic, in value range provide the same variable name in both 'from' and 'to' and then click on transfer.

so when you try to set offset, it ask twice for setting it thus you can easily set range, also in your case give -12 both the times.

hope it will help you

regards

laksh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, I cant use 2 variables, bcoz of Validation issue. So i have to use only one variable, which is created on 0fiscper ( Interval ) and needs to get previous year values. i think if i off set it -12, i do get results ..but not sure if its correct.

thanks

former_member210615
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

first of all you will be using only ONE variable as i mentioned earlier you have to use the same variable in both from and to(in case you want offset ranges),

also i guess offset with -12 will resolve your issue

regards

laksh