cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to... Navigational Hierarchy for Filtering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm trying to implement the "How to Create a Navigational Hierarchy for filtering with the Table API" and I have it working for 1 table, but I'd like to filter 2 tables by the hierarchy in my web template. Is this possible? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

yes this is possible. I would recommend to work with a pattern approach.

In the Web Template give all the DPs you want to filter a similar name (e.g. DP_FILTER_1, DP_FILTER_2).

the value of parameter ZFILTER_DP should then be set to 'DP_FILTER*' in your Web Template.

As in the filter javascript function (method finished) you already work with multi=X, this should be all you need to do. All DPs with Pattern DP_FILTER* should be filtered.

Heike

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have been a great help! This worked just fine...

Thanks for your contributions!

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some reason the Set_style javascript code does not seems to be working 100%. I found 1 place in the code that is presented as double quotes and should be single quotes. When correcting the error my top node will show up as selected but none of the lower nodes show up as selected when selecting them.

Any pointers how to fix this or what the problem might be? I have the code in all the right places and verified with the white paper appendix.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

please have a look in the source of the executed Web Application. What is inside of the <div> with the id filter?

You should also find a td tag with id hier_xyz with xyz the filter inside of the <div>-Tag with id filter.

Also check whether you have a javascript error.

Have a look on the Javascript function set_style. Perhaps you can paste it here, than I can have a look.

Heike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heike, My customer seems to like the dynamic and static parts as separate reports. No longer a requirement, but I did get most of it working with your help...

Thanks again for your time!

Ken

Answers (0)