cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to navigate between different I views using urlparameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

My requirement is, I have an application, which have 3 iviews, for example Iview A,B,C.

iview A calls B, B calls C,. Here iview B,C have a back button, so when back button on iview B is pressed it should go back to iview A, same thing with iview C;

I am using 2004s, in 2004s using cookies is discouraged,

next option I am thinking about is passing URL parameters,

anyone can guide me how to use url prameters for request and response.

Regards

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sriram,

May i know what amount and what kind of data are you passing between your iviews?

You could try using the client data bag of EPCM API: storeclientdata....loadclientdata etc..(check on help.sap.com)

It stores data in a buffer in the browser session. So in your A,C iview you can retrieve this data too.

Would this be fine?

P.S. If this answer helped you do consider rewarding points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Prem thanx for quick reply, but it wont fit for my scenario, let me explaing you clearly about my scenario.

On first Iview when user clicks navigate button it will take you to second Iwiew, on second I view it should shoe navigation level, mode. when user click back button it will take back to first iview where again navigation levels and mode should appear.Give me your suggestions

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you look at writing a Web Dynpro application for this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Precisely.

What you could do is store your parameter data using client bag api and Navigate using EPCM.doNavigate, so when you navigate to another iview you could write the code in the latter iview to retrieve the client bag data.

Anyways,

Michael has also give you a good suggestion. Consider it.