cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move installed InfoObject to another folder under InfoProvider view

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed some ODS/InfoCube grouping by "Before and After". After the installation, I find some InfoObjects under InfoProvider view on RSA1 are not at the folder that we want, is there anyway to move such InfoObjects into another folder we want under the same InfoProvider view.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

hi,

you can put infoobjects under the same view of infoprovider if the infoobjects is characteristic and set as datatarget/infoprovider, you can add from infoprovider view, right click from the same infoarea 'insert characteristics as data target'.

in infoprovider view to move object from one infoarea to another infoarea, just click and drag.

for infoobject view you can grouping them by using infoobject catalog characteristics and keyfigures.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi AHP,

I am confused with your first statement, you say "you can put infoobjects under the same view of infoprovider if the infoobjects is characteristic and set as datatarget/infoprovider, you can add from infoprovider view, right click from the same infoarea 'insert characteristics as data target'." That means if we want to make a characteristic as a datatarget/infoprovider, then we will have to conduct this operation? also I wonder why you mention placing the infoprovider under the same view of infoprovider? It doesn't make sense if placing in the same view, right?

I right click the folder I want to move the InfoObject in, select 'insert characteristics as data target', and then pick the InfoObject 0Vendor, but find that 0Vendor does show up in the folder, but find it's two update rules fail to follow over. I also try to drag 0Vendor from the original folder to the destination folder, but a window pops up saying "Drag Drop is switched off - switch on in RSADMIN/RSAMINSV", I click enter to continue, but nothing occurs.

Thanks and I have give you 6 points.

Message was edited by: Kevin Smith