cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make language dependent forms with Adobe forms

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

I had my first experiences with Adobe forms in SAP.

How can I make the layout language dependent?

I think template technique is not in use?

I am using sapgui version of Adobe form design.

For example, in designer I paint one field from Data View on my layout. As a result, the field label gets name from the source data variable (eg. FLIGHTCODE ). If in layout I change the label as more human readable ( eg. 'Flight code' ) I can see the results in PDF-preview quite nice in my logon language (eg. english). But If I logged on as German language I would expect to see field labels on German language. Where do I make this translation?

If there is already a discussion thread in this forum for this issue can you please let me know that as.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kimmo

as forms are standard ABAP development objects, translation takes place in transaction SE63, SAP's transaction for system translation.

Forms are under Translation -> Other long texts.

In the current version, you will get a split-level editor displaying the complete XML coding, so ensure that you don't accidentally erase any of the tags.

Kind regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus,

To be honest, I was on SAP training cource BC480 when originally wrote this message. Together with me, teacher and other participants we found this SE63 as well. The solution that we found in the training system differs from yours. From SE63, the Adobe designer was started with different language. After save you had two language versions of the same form. There is a problem and advance in this behaviour: language versions could have completely their own design ( not only translate labels but move pages as well ).

Other approach would have been using templates or overlays as they are called in some designers. In overlay technique, you maintain a template having grids ( and other fixed layout objects ) and language dependent labels and you can maintain the overlays in various languages. At runtime you only would populate the data and merge the overlay.

PS. I presume there will be lots of questions regarding Adobe solution in the future when people start to use SAP application where Adobe is possible ( like ERP 2005 ). Therefore I'd propose own forum for Adobe.

BR: Kimmo

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kimmo,

it is possible that the training system was on a lower-level release, the translation function I describe is from a later SPS. In the first versions, the translation left a lot to be desired. What we have can still be improved, but you don't use the Designer anymore.

As for the Interactive Forms forum: It's been requested by others as well and is now in the process of being set up.

Kind regards,

Markus

Answers (0)