cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make access of a portal role dependent on a ivew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to implement a scenario where one role created in portal. it has been assigned to a group of users.

whenever a user access the role in portal >> a webdynpro abap ivew should be called >> user submits the form in the ivew application>> then only the rest ivews of the role should be accessible to the user.

kindly help me to implement the scenario.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The better way to do this is by assigning role inside a role

1) Create 2 roles role X and Y

Add Role Y to Role X

2) Make the entry points of the both the Roles as yes

3) Add The Application to be filled to X and remaining to the Role Y

4) Initially assign only role X to the user

on submitting the form assign the role to the user

Then only he can access the role Y

Thanks,

Pavan Marla

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

We can give the entry point to any one of the objects in the navigation. we cant give for two objects in the navigation.

Thanks,

Mahe B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for ur helpful comments.

I think I should clarify few points for this requirement.

1. Every time a user clicks on the role in portal, the application should pop-up until he fill & submit the form in the application.

2. when the pop-up application is open, user should not be able to access rest of the links in portal.

3. It as a Webdynpro ABAP application, can we implement the same solution for webdynpro ABAP?

In case if we achieve the role assignment as suggested by prashant/pavan in webdynpro ABAP, once the page is refreshed &n user clicks on role tab, it will show the pop-up again and the cycle will continue...

kindly suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The below link may give an idea.

Regards,

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The link to Michael Nicholl's blog provided by Kumar Prashant is imo what you're looking for, i.e. programmatically assigning the extra role.

See also http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/de/4a/5b0778490641d19dfa0ec8da068702/frameset.htm

(This is also in WD Java, and although the same functionality can be achieved in ABAP, it's a bit easier to achieve in Java)

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

If I am not wrong, I need to create a PDK as per the blog suggested by Prashant.

How can I create layouts same as WD java in PDK and use RFC to communication with R3 as I need to pass some data in backend.

or can I do vice versa (i.e. implement the code in WD JAVA).

If you can tell me how can I achieve my requirement in WD ABAP then would be better, my all iViews has been created in WD ABAP only.

plz suggest.

Edited by: epuser on Oct 23, 2011 9:57 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahendran,

I am aware about the process you suggested, but main constraint is to restrict the user til he submits the form in popup application.

Is it possible to do something in webdynpro application so that it open as a pop-up and user can access other iviews only after submit/closing popup application. I don't have much idea on webdynpro

Edited by: epuser on Oct 17, 2011 12:53 PM

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might like to refer to this.

Thanks

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make the Webdynpro ABAP iview to open first whenever the user logs in. But you cannot set a condition that unless the user fills the detail in Webdynpro ABAP ivew he/she should not have access or see the other iviews.

Thanks,

Mahe B.