cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to load master data and transaction data at a time with thw help of flat file or R3 system in SAP BW system??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am very new to SAP BI.I have created a flat file in which i have give some field as attribute and some field as non attribute now i have two question in my mind:

1> How to find out which is master data??

2>How to find out which is transaction data ??

i know the defnitions of masterdata and transaction data but practically i am confused and one more doubt as wheather master data and transaction data can be loaded at a time??

thanks

View Entire Topic
RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

If one info object have attribute at definition time, that info object will have to maintain master data.

Go to infoobject maintainance screen, attribute tab - if any objects are added then you needo load master data to that primary infoobject.

Please read Extended star schema concept. you may understand.

But in real time, master data and transaction loading at time not allowable. its may give lock issue or unmatch data issues.

So always, first load master data and attribute change run. finally you can load transaction data.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thanks for your response .............your answer is helpful for me,hope in future you will keep helping me

thank you

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SCN will always help you. have great day ahead.

Thanks