Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to launch onpremise UI5 application into cloud FLP

alagar_pandian
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario to launch onpremise UI5 application into cloud Fiori LaunchPad. I dont want to deploy the application into cloud but use cloud Fiori launch pad to open the onpremise application. please give me some lead on this.

Thanks in Advance

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain the reason why you don't want to deploy the app to the cloud? That would be the easiest solution.

alagar_pandian
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for response

The reason is, UI5 project was developed using Eclipse and it is making some issues when deploying it to the cloud because of project structure. So just had a thought to simply use cloud FLP with out deploying the application.

Even though it is possible to correct the project structure to make it fit into web IDE, I still want to know the possible procedure to implement the scenario I mentioned.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option that would result into an app that launches as a new tab/window would be to setup a HTML5 app that is just reverse proxying your on prem app. So just configure in neo-app.json the required resources that needs to be proxied and set the correct start path.

pjcools
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alagar

As gregorw requested would be good to know the business reasons behind this requirement. For instance, if the application was one delivered as part of the SAP Fiori Cloud applications then it may make sense to activate this and point to the backend on-premise OData service instead of calling the on-premise one. Alot of advantages of using the Fiori cloud app over the on-premise one.

If you can post some more information about why this is required and whether you have thought about cloud app deployments would be great.

Kind Regards

Phil Cooley

alagar_pandian
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your response.

The reason is, UI5 project was developed using Eclipse and it is making some issues when deploying it to the cloud because of project structure. So just had a thought to simply use cloud FLP with out deploying the application.

Even though it is possible to correct the project structure to make it fit into web IDE, I still want to know the possible procedure to implement the scenario I mentioned.

Thanks