cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate backend web dynpro abap application in Portal 7.3?

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

before Portal 7.3 I was able to integrate a web dynpro abap application as iView in the portal. Now I don't get the point on how to do it. I cannot find a "normal" iview that enables me to give the backend and the application name. The possibilty to create iView based on remote source looks strange because I don't want to upload the application I just want to do my normal user/pass mapping and show the applicaton via iView.

Somehow I don't get the point with the new version. Could someone give me a hint where to find more information regardings this problem`?

Thanks a lot,

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

Please check the below link to create a system for R3 in Portal

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/de/99/c981cb91464840ac9b116c5cf50dc8/content.htm

Then using that system we can integrate the webdynpro abap application in portal as below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/49/cd4f0fcfb50e80e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Regards,

Nivas209

Edited by: Nivas209 on Jan 23, 2012 10:50 AM

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

I cannot see the "SAP Web Dynpro for ABAP iView template" in the Portal to choose it as template. But I can see a view with the name like this in the templates but the symbols looks different. It looks as if the view is just for the parameters. Could someone tell me if I should see the SAP Web Dynpro for ABAP iView template in the long list of available templates when I create a new iView? Is it correct not to use the remote source option? I think yes because otherwise he would upload the app to the portal, if I am not wrong.

Greetings, Vanessa

Edited by: Vanessa Martinez on Jan 23, 2012 7:21 PM

Edited by: Vanessa Martinez on Jan 23, 2012 8:00 PM

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have to go with New iView from Remote Source not in iView Template inorder to create the webDynpro ABAP iView in 7.3 .Then use your R3 system alias , application name and in Application Type drop down select Web Dynpro ABAP. Follow this wizard to complete the Webdynpro ABAP iView creation.

Regards,

Nivas209

Edited by: Nivas209 on Jan 24, 2012 6:23 AM

Edited by: Nivas209 on Jan 24, 2012 6:23 AM

Edited by: Nivas209 on Jan 24, 2012 6:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

Could someone tell me if I should see the SAP Web Dynpro for ABAP iView template in the long list of available templates when I create a new iView?

You will 'SAP Web Dynpro iView' option in the list while creating iview from template.Create and change the property platform to 'Web Dynpro for ABAP'.

Is it correct not to use the remote source option? I think yes because otherwise he would upload the app to the portal, if I am not wrong.

If i understood your question correct,then You can use this option as well to create iview.Atlast it wil create only iview for the application not the application itself in the portal.

Naga

Answers (0)