cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install PDK 6.0...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, currently I have PDK 6.0 that contains the epa file "com.sap.portal.pdk.PortalDevelopmentKit-2004-03-25.epa", I am wondering if there is a "How To Install PDK 6.0" guide anywhere?

I'm new here, so please advise on how to reward points after question is answered.

Thanks so much,

Baggett

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baggett,

Go through the links,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Rem Swa, I will research the valuable links that you have provided, and get back to you.

Thanks again,

Baggett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rem Swa, referring to one of the links that said we have to have an EP installation where we can import/deploy the PDK 6.0.

I have access to a SAP 6.0 portal, but how to import/deploy the PDK 6.0? Do you know of any online manuals on this?

Thank you so much,

Baggett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is done something like this,

Go to SysAdmin>Transport and then import.

Check the client radio button which allows u 2 choose ur .epa file from the local disk.

Then hit import.Thatz all it is.

Let me know if it works.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses Yoav Toussia Cohen, Naresh kris, I am using your responses, and I will get back to each of you!

Thanks again!

Baggett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh kris, thanks for your great reply. I tried your steps and it imported! Now, how do I go about using the pdk? Is there a manual where I can use to get started?

Thanks so much!

Baggett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baggett,

Do you have the User admin privilege? Then go to "Roles" tab, and assign the role "JavaDeveloper" to your id.

Don't know whether you have checked the following link or not, this will be very useful,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/developerareas/ep.sdn?page=eL_ep.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Rem Swa, I see a Introduction to Enterprise Portal Development Kit for .NET, but is there one for Java, or are they the same?

Thanks so much,

Baggett.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bagget,

Assign the javadeveloper role to a user.

U can see Lotz of documentation and examples logged on as that user.

Pls consider assigning points for helpful answers.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh kris, thanks for your great answer! I will try that. I'm new to this forum, how do points get assigned, are they the radio boxes next to your response?, please assist.

Thanks,

Baggett.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Luck!

Well there should be a radio button for a reply u get.

If u don't see any..try to unassign the points to others and re-assign..

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh kris, thank you for your well wishes!

Thanks again,

Baggett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh, have points been rewarded?, I checked the radio box next to your response.

In Addition, I have some questions on SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 6.04, EP6.0 and PDK that I hope you can answer:

1. Now, how do I incorporate the PDK into the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 6.04?

2. Do I have to set up anything on SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio to work with my EP 6.0?

3. Do you know how I can get started developing, deploying iViews, and looking at the PDK examples, any manuals or instructions?

Thanks so much,

Baggett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am currently trying to create my first iView JSP, if possible can you please take a look at Topic: 'Pls help! Questions on iView manual...'? It is on this current developer area.

Thank you again for your excellent and clear responses,

Baggett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope i get Blue Star this time.

Answers:

1. U can directly work with NDS, with built in wizards and with a "par" button to deploy the content on J2EE Engine.

2. U shud noe the SDM password to deploy anything from the NDS and with a click of button, it getz deployed in EP.

3. u can download the .par files from pages of the pdk java developer role, import them into NDS and try to edit functionality and deploy back

Itz discussed more in detail in the Examples page of java developer of pdk.

Follow the Examples of PDK Documentation, iam sure u cud develop starting from small iviews to iveiws with complex functionality.

Let me know if u need more.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad that your got your points Naresh! You well deserve them!

As far as debugging, I was wondering where can I look at debug messages?, like if I do a System.out.println("Test Debug message");, where can I see this message, on the NetWeaver Web Application Server, or on the EP6.0? Can you please provide instructions?

Thanks so much,

Baggett