cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Insert two queries in a single workbook in BI 7 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to insert two queries in a single workbook. The queries are of Accounts Receivable.I have inserted one query in a workbook , but am not able to proceed to inserting the second query. In BEx analyzer, in design mode , using analysis grid , i tried inserting the second query but when saving and running, i am getting message " Variables are present, change their values " . should i maintain same variables for two queries ? i am stuck up. please explain me as how can this be done.

Roja.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you get the message "Variables are present, change their values" ,it means that the query which you inserted having variables.

You just click the "Change Variables" icon in the Analysis Toolbox,which will invoke the variable screen.

Set the values in the variable screen and click OK.

Now you will be able to see the data in the grids based on the values selected in the variable screen.

Both queries data will be displayed in the workbook.

Let me know in case of any clarifications!

Rgds,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Murali . I tried as u said and got the second query inserted. i saved the workbook. but when i reopen the workbook, it should prompt with the variable screen, which is not coming. is there any possible reason for this ? can you explain why this is happening and what should be done ?

Roja.

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Roja,

1. In that workbook Go to Workbook Settings->

Variables tab->Check "Proces Varaibles On Refresh" checkbox

General tab->"Refresh workbook on Open" checkbox and click OK

2. Save the workbook and reopen.

Now it will prompt for a variable screen.

Rgds,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Murali........ I completed my task

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member213877
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roja,

Have a look at this forum:

There is an option provided in this. You can try that.

Hope this helps you..!

-Pradnya