cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to improve the performance for integrating third party search engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have been working on integrating verity search engine with KM. the performance for retrieving search result totally depend on how many search result returned, for example if there is less than 10 records, it only takes 3 seconds, but if there are 200 records, it takes about 3 minutes, is it normal? anyway to improve it? Thanks!

T.J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi T.J.,

from my project experience I could recommend using a (KM) cache instance for already found results. It would speed up the whole thing a lot. But it depends if you have more statíc result items or more dynamic ones. On the last ones, it makes no sense to cache them. For all static things, its worth to have a look at the KM Cache service.

Regards,

Thilo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thilo,

thanks for the response, would you recommend some document for configuring KM cache service, I did change memory cache, and also dynamic web reposity, whatelse out there that I can change? right now, I have one instance(EP6.4 sp11) works well, it returns 200 records from Stellent within 6s. But when I put this KM global service on EP6.0 sp2 (our current system) it takes about 15s. I am not sure is this because of different EP version, or something else. I have tried my best to slim down SOAP component from Stellent. I don't think anything else can be done from that side anymore. before I changed the SOAP, it tooks about 60s. just wonder what else I can do on KM side to improve it performance? Thanks!

T.J.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello TJY: Can you please post how you're integrating verity into the TREX. Are you writing custom programs or does EP-KM/TREX have a conduit to integrate with Verity? Also, if you have a Verity taxonomy can you load that into TREX?

Please advise.

Tx,

-Sri