cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement Value-Help in Input-Field for RAP OData Fiori/UI5 App?

ArianH
Discoverer

I am developing a UI5 app that includes a SimpleForm with multiple input fields. Some of these fields require value help (F4 help) that fetches data from SAP tables in the backend.

From my understanding, RAP (RESTful ABAP Programming) is primarily used for displaying lists in the frontend. However, in my case, I have a form with various input fields.

Do I maybe need to create a separate RAP-OData service with an EntitySet for each value Help Field? Or what would be the best practife for implementing value help in this scenario?

Any guidance or examples would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ArcherZhang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
There is a FE template 'Form Entry Object Page' that you can choose to create object page only, in there it only contains Form. It will use Smart controls for V2 and Macros contorls for V4. Or you can directly use Macros controls, please check https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/test-resources/sap/fe/core/fpmExplorer/index.html#/buildingBlocks/f... . Notes, the OData service can be the same which serve both for 'List Report Object Page' and 'Form entry object page' only make sure you have dedicated CDS annotations.
View Entire Topic
junwu
Active Contributor

Your understanding about RAP is completely off.

just check a few example.

value help can be done easily by using cds + annotation.

ArianH
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thanks for your anwer junwu. I know how to implement the value help within the CDS but unfortunatly i cant find how to implement it in the frontend in for example a SimpleForm. (SmartFields i cant use unfortunately since it seems not to be supported with ODATA V4)
junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
rap support v2, if you want to stick to v4, you can use FPM, flexible programming model which is using mdc.