cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get thru those pop-up blockers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a webshop where on selection of 4 articles we would not like the user to select anymore article. We have got the pop-up displaying that message. It is displayed where we have no pop-up blockers (from IE, Google or Yahoo). We would like to program / find a way that the <b>pop-up is displayed</b> (inspite of a blocker trying to block it).

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Dharmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Pop up blocker is more of a browser dependent thing and i am not sure there is a piece of code which you can put inside your application for checking purpose.

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy,

Thank you for your reply. Is there anyother possibilty / solution that could be used to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Dharmi

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

You could check in the WDDOINIT of the pop up window view...If the view is getting generated , it means there is no pop up blocker.

Please check it , i havenot tested that .

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy,

Can you be a little more specific?

Thanks much,

Dharmi

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In your component controller context , add a new attribute , POPUP of type xfeld and give the default value as ' '.And in your pop up view WDDOINIT method set to X. Then in your program you can check whether , the value is X...if its X ...then it means that , the pop up window has successfully created else. not..

Thanks

Anzy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anzy,

Sorry for the change in question: The question of How to get thru this pop-up blockers..... is for the external application called from the main application?

The pop-up works for the above e.g. The problem is when a application is called from the URL form the main application it is blocked by the pop-up blocker. We have created the application called Z_Print, (to have the print functionality from the IE, since it is not supported by ABAP WD) and Z_Main under 1 comp controller. When z_print is called, it is blocked with pop-up blocker.

Once again my excuses.

Regards,

Dharmi