cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get historical data if deleted accidentally from BW ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have one basic query, Say I have loaded some data to BW today from R/3, after some months the data got deleted from BW accidentally, now how can I reload the same data if the data is not available in BW / PSA and I understand R/3 maintains only the recent OLTP data ?

Appreciate if explained in steps and will assign the points for the best answer.

Regards

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

If the data gets accidentally deleted.... and u dont have the data in BW.. in that u can load the data thru the Full repair with the specific selections.. but if u are dealing with the LO extractors.. then the data shud be there in the setup tables then only this is possible.. if the data is not there in setup tables.. then u need to take the setup tables for that application with the selections of the data missing..

and then u can proceed with the repair full load with the specific selections...

thanks

I hope that this is clear...

Assign points if this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Can you explain the steps in details how do i work with LO set up table for historical load.

Regards

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Suppose u missed the data for May'08.. and u want that to be reloaded in the system..

and u dont have this data in the setup tables.. in that case.. u cant take the repair full..

for this u need to take the selective setup loads in R3 for that specific duration.. or if u know the document range.. u can take that also as a selection for the Setup tabeles..

For this u need to delete the existign setup tables.. and then refill the setuptables with that specific selections.. and then come back to BW..

Do a repair full load with the same selctions..

Thanks

I hope this is clear to u..

Assign points if this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I have one last query for you, Do I need to ask for a system outage for performing these tasks ?

Regards

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

U dont require system outage for this case.. as u are not going to disturb the deltas anyway..

u can proceed with the activities mentioned.. as this is going to be a selective setup fill...

So u can proceed with the steps mentioned and extract the data using the repair full in BW...

this will solve ur issue..

If this is clear.. then please close the thread assigning full points...

Thanks

All the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks all who are part of this discussion.

I am clear with the steps provided.

Assigned full points.Closing the thread.

Regards

Mohan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Hi Mohan,

For histrorical data what u missed can be reloaded in to BW system For this you have to got to R/3 side for LO data, Go to SBIW select your setuptable run, Please note that before this step you have to delete the setup tabel through T.code LBWG ,give appl.no.

To fill set up table selectively for that specific duration.Selct document range,doc date or others.

Do a repair fullrequest load with the same selctions..

For this you need to takedowntime from R/3 side for running the setuptables (i.e fillup data).

Or

Run this in the evening or after office hrs. If data is less.

Regards,

Anand Tej.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

R/3 does not maintains only the recent data, it has the old transaction data too[Only exception could be if the data is archived then it is not available].

Hence, in your case you can do a selective full load for the data deleted in BW and that should take care.

hope it helps.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Parth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partho,

Can I run the daily loads and historical data in parallel, other than the lock issue will i face any other load performance issues.

can you give me the steps on R/3 how do i load the deleted data to BW.

Regards

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

The better idea will be to load the historical data seperately and not parallely to daily loads.The only reason being historical data it will be a huge load possibly andmay affect the performance of the load.

The steps on r/3 would depends upon the type of data/datasource.Like if it is LO then you may to have take some special care with Setup tables.In other case it should be fine to just go ahead and load data.Also,if possible you can ensure that none of the users are connected.

hope it helps,

Parth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partho,

Can you explain me if it is LO data cource...how do i work with LO set up tables with out affecting the current data load which is getting loaded as part of daily load on the same LO data source.

Regards

Mohan