cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force session timeout on BI iViews?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an iView which presents a certain query from our backend BI.

I tried an experiment: I ran a report and left it on my screen for greater at least 60 minutes. I then went back in and ran the report again.

As far as I know the portal timeout session is 20 minutes but in that case I was able to run the report again and wasn't re-prompted to input my passwords or log on again.

I would like not to allow users to be able to use the portal at all after an idle time of 20 minutes, not even if they triger a BI report from an iView which just uses as a window to the BI.

How can I accomplish that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason it is not asking for a password is your saplogonticket will be set to longer than 20 minutes. As your browser will still contain this ticket, it will log you on again via SSO to BW on run the report.

So the only way to stop the users using the portal is to use some sort of timeout component to log the user off and close the browser. This will remove the saplogonticket.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thank you.

Isn't it possible to control the expiration time of the SAP Logon ticket than? Perhaps from the App server's security provider service?

Roy

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can - but it is not an inactivity timeout setting. So if you set it to 20 minutes, someone who was doing something in the portal would be asked to logon every 20 minutes. So it doesn't work from an inactivity point of view.

If you have the timeout set to log the users out of BW after 20 minutes then they will not be holding any resource on the BW system.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, I should do it from the BW side that... no?

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They question I have is why you want to do this?

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I've already found it through the UME properties.

It is a security policy that the management would like to enforce here, don't ask me why, it's not my decision...

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

How did you set it through UME properties?

Best wishes

Idhaya R

Answers (0)