cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find workitem based on SOST email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any way to find-out work-item/workflow number from mail triggered in SOST? In mail BODY work-item description not specified.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sbl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

I don't think there is an easy way to link a mail to a specific workitem.

I think that you'll have to try to find the workitem based on the receiver of the mal, this receiver is also an agent of your workitem.

And with the creation date you can narrow the search.

If it is not a send mail task it should be easier to check with table SWWUSERWI

Best regards

Stephane

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anjan_paul
Active Contributor

HI,

yes, it is very difficult. You can try like this way,  try to find out the mail creation date and time. Put this data and time in swi1, then check what are the workitem showing there.

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh

There are a couple of ways you might need to do some hit and trial

1. From the email you see in SOST what is the information you have do you have a PO number or requestor ID who approved it

2. If you have the PO number search for that date in SWIA and it will list you all the work items which have been completed and in that try to find the PO number matching to that and it will give you the work item number

3. If you have the user ID of the user who approved it (which you can find from PO number who is the approver ) go to SWI5 and based on that information try to find again in SWIA

4. You can try to use FM SAP_WAPI_WORKITEMS_TO_OBJECT

Also please read an article I wrote some time back and this should tell you more ways to find the work item ID

Let me know if that helps.

Regards

Vinita

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would use date and WI_TEXT in table SWWWIHEAD to find out what the corresponding workitem is.

Ususally in an email topic you put the key of the workflow, e.g. Purchase order ## requires your attention. Then you can use SWI6 to find all related workitems.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans