cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the right Standard DataSource for your project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone ..

I am totally new in SAP BW. I have 0 background in this field .

So, as i am learning from my trainer and watching video tutorials, i have been told that whenever the ECC/R3 teams give you some tables to create reports on theme, you might need to search in "Google" or "help.sap" to find the right Standard DataSrource.

My question:

Is this the right way to do it? I mean are "Google" and "help.sap" the only options?

If so, what are the most proper ways to use these two solutions?

Sorry for any misconceptions/misunderstandings in this area . I am glad to be corrected .

Thank You!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a part of requirement gathering, you need to have list of all the required table/fields (ECC system) for reporting in BW from client. Based on table/fields list, you can find the rigth source (you can search for standard datasource with base table information from SCN itself).

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdulhadi,

first there exist different modules in SAP ECC and if they ask you to report on a table, the first thing you need to do is to find out through help.sap.com or google, in which standard datasource this table belong.

After you find that, you go to t-code RSA5 and under SAP R/3 Application Components you will find the list of all available standard datasources. Then just activate it and you can test whether it has data at T-code RSA3.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Regys M

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

You can segregate the Reports based on Module, so preferably take a Functional Consultant with you for all the discussions.

Then you can check in the Business Content based on Modules..

Regards

SVU

bhavinvyas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enter the table names in SE11 and click on Display

Click on where-used-list

Select structures

Now goto SE11 > table "ROOSOURCE" put filter Your Extract-structure which you got from last table.

You will get all the relevant data sources.

Thanks,

Bhavin Vyas