cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find growth %

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had the following scenerio. I have to build a query for the following..

year : April(sales) : May(sales) : June : .........May(sales): total : Avg : Growth %

2003 : 20....................................................40............:100..: 20....................

2004 : 30......................................................50............:120..: 20.........30%......

2005 : 40......................................................60............:150..: 30.........50%......

Please help to find out above scenerio.

Thanks,

James.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Create a Structure in Rows with five Slections,Double click on the Each Selection Drag & Drop Fiscal year.Double click on Fiscal year and restrict with the User Entry Variable for all the Selections.Now Use Offset as per Your Requirement.

For Ex. You want to Display the years 2003,2004,2005,2006 & 2007. User Entered 2007.

For the frist Selection you want to get 2003, Just Double click on the first Selection right click on the variable-> Select Variable offsets and enter ’-4’.for the next Selection ‘-3’…

Now Drag and Drop the Sales Keyfigure to Collumns.and Restrict with Fiscal Month ‘1’.Copy this and Paste 11 times and Restrict these Keyfigures with ‘2’,’3’,……..’12’ Respectively.Create three formala’s for Total, Average and Growth%.for Total add all the Keyfigures. For Average Total/12 and for the Growth% you have to Use Cell Definitions.

Thanks,

-Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Drag Fiscal year to Rows and Restrict with Single values 2003,2004&2005.

Drag the Fiscal Month and the Sales Keyfigure to Collumns.

Total you will get with Overall Result.

If you can Provide the Logic for Avg & Growth%, i will try to send How to Get the Other Collumns too.

Thanks,

-Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

year : April(sales) : May(sales) : June : .........May(sales): total : Avg : Growth %

2003 : 20....................................................40............:100..: 20....................

2004 : 30......................................................50............:120..: 80.........50%......

2005 : 40......................................................60............:150..: 30.........-32%......

Total = sum of all months.(calculations may be wrong but procedure is same)

Avg Calculation :

Total /12 = Avg

Growth Calculation

20/80 –1 * 100

i.e 20/80 –1 = 0.2337

0.2337*100 = 23%.

Please help vijay.

waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

James.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you Please let me Know , The no of years you have given 2003,2004 & 2005 is Static or Dynamic.(i.e. The User want to see the Data Only for these three years?).

Thanks,

-Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

After you drag 0FISCYEAR into the selection and restrict it with a variable, in the variable screen right click on the variable and select "Specify offset".

Thanks

Vishno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

The year should be dynamic. suppose 2007(current year) to last 5 years

Thanks,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) In rows area,Create a New structure.

2) From right click on that new Strcture , select new selection.Like this you new need to Create 5 Selections.

3) Doble clcik on first selection,Drag and drop 0FISCYEAR Characterstic into right hand side.And then Restrict 0FISCYEAR with Current Fiscal year variable(I hope , there is a standard SAP EXIT variable you can use. If there is no standard SAP Exit variable which gives Current Fiscal year,then create and use the Customer Exit variable.

4) Doble clcik on Second selection,Drag and drop 0FISCYEAR Characterstic into right hand side.And then Restrict 0FISCYEAR with Current Fiscal year variable,which is used in the point 3. Thenr right click on that varible ,select offset and apecify -1 as offset.

5) 4) Doble clcik on Third selection,Drag and drop 0FISCYEAR Characterstic into right hand side.And then Restrict 0FISCYEAR with Current Fiscal year variable,which is used in the point 3. Thenr right click on that varible ,select offset and apecify -2 as offset.

6) Similarly do it for remaining selections.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is definately possible with Cell Editor concept.

Refer the below link to get idea aboout how to get it.

/message/1742617#1742617 [original link is broken]

That means you need no of Selections with different years in rows.

Same kf 12 times but restricted with different CALMONTH in columns. And a formula column(which is used to give % growth) with Any formula.This formula defination is overwriten by cell editor.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Message was edited by:

Anil Kumar Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil Kumar sharma,

those are not sufficient for my requirement.

I want to display as

years in rows, months in columns. % growth should be in columns for fiscal year.

I hope you understand my problem.(In many scenerio i want to calculate for a fiscal year... i.e from March to Next year april).

for the threads you have mailed me, you given a perfect solution.

Please help me for my scenerio Anil.

It's very Urgent,it's creating too much headache.

Thanks,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

I am assuming i) the report layout will always be same (3 years in rows, 12 mnths in cols, & three formulas in cols) and ii) the user will enter the current year as a variable:

Here are the steps:

1. In Rows, create a new struct. Create a selection within it by dragging

0FISCYEAR into it. Restrict it with the user variable. Nale the selection as

Year1.

2. Create two more selctions with 0FISCYEAR and name them as Year2 and

Year3. Restrict them by using variable offset with values 1 & 2.

3. In Columns, create a new struct. Create 12 selections using 0CALMONTH.

Name them April thru May. Restict 0CALMONTH in each by hardcoding values

004 thru 003.

4. Create three more selections. Name them Total, Avg & Growth.

<b>Keep their definitions empty.</b>

5. "Define Cells" button becomes active.

6. For each Year/Month intersecting cell, create a new selection and drag

0AMOUNT (or whatever field u need). Name all these selections appropriately.

7. For the nine cells where the three formula intersect with the three years,

create formula and use the Cell Names from the "Cells" folder in

the "Operands" hand window.

8. Fill in the relevant formula.

9. For any of the three years choose any one to be a variable entry and populate

the remaining two from variable offsets as in step 2.

10. As for the names of the three years, populate them using text variables.

(Replacement path type will not work with offsetting. hence you have to

explicitly code them through exit. Enhancement:RSR0001; FM:

EXIT_SAPLRRS0_001)

Whatever is in Anil's thread I think that pretty much explains the same.

See if tthis helps.

Thanks,

Vishno.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know how to find offset please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishno,

appreciate ur patience in writing a detailed response... gud work.. buddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Either use % variance or % share...