Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fill a second target infocube from ods

former_member503294
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi BW gurus,

We have a ODS which connect to the r3 datasource 0fi_gl_4, and perform auotmatic update to one infocube. From this month we build another infocube and want the ODS also update the new infocube. I have setup the transfer rules. But the ODS and the old infocube have a lot of data. How can I perform delta update to both cubes without deleting the old data?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Yan,

you said you have setup the transfer rules, i think you mean update rules from ods to new cube, since transfer rules from infosource/datasource should be the same one.

you can manually try right click the ods and 'update data target', choose option 'initialize' (or full update), a scheduler/infopackage screen will come out, go to menu 'initialize option for source system' and click the init request and icon trash. then go to tab 'data target' and choose 'select .. data target', mark/check the new infocube only.

execute the infopackage to upload data to new cube.

after that do 'update data target' again, delete the init flag again, go to tab 'update' make sure option 'initialize' and mark 'without data transfer', then tab 'data target' move back to option 'all data target ...'., execute the infopackage, this will synchronize delta management for both infocubes.

hope this helps.

former_member503294
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have tried as you said. It does work. Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have connected the new cube to the ODS by making the update rules,

you can dou the foolowing,

Right clicl the ODS.

Choose loading data targets.

Normally you have three options:

- full

- init

- delta

But now you will find a fourth option.

choose that, it will do an init to the new cube including all the delta's up till now.

The next time your new cube will be filled together with the old one.

success,

Udo

former_member503294
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yes, there is another option, and use this option can fill the our new cube with records.

but it seems to be a repair update(full update), next time we can not perform delta based on this update