cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend a standard fiori app in SAP Business Application Studio

ajaygupta
Participant

Hello All,
I want to extend the Fiori app - Manage Supplier Invoices(F0859) using Business Application Studio.
But I am not able to see the list of available UI5 Apps under the 'Adaptation Project - Configuration'(see the attached screenshot for the error message)

I have maintained the destination to access the backend system and was also able to create a new Freestyle Fiori app and deploy it to the ABAP repository.businessapplicationstudioextendstandardfioriapp.png

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaygupta
Participant

Hello All,
This support ticket now describes, how you can extend standard fiori Application in BAS.

Long story short, you will need a full stack webIDE, if your Standard Fiori project lacks an app descriptor(manifest.json) file.
Otherwise you can extend your Fiori app by creating an Adaptation project in BAS.

Prerequisites

1. Adaptation projects are currently only supported on on-premise ABAP systems with the minimum required software component version being SAP_UI 7.54.
  2. The minimum SAPUI5 version of the base app is 1.30 and it must have a manifest.json file.
  3. The minimum SAPUI5 version must be 1.71.

Regards,
Ajay

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

nehabutti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anybody help me in extending fiori standard apps. Like what are the steps one should follow in BAS. your help would severely help people who are new to SAP.

Regards,

buttinagalakshmi.

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You should open an incident with component CA-BAS-WEX as it appears to be an issue in the Business Application Studio Extension component.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Understood, if you see the link I sent, it says for Fiori Element applications use SAPUI5 Flexibility. Is the application you are using a Fiori Elements app? Version 2 is.

Regards,

Kevin

ajaygupta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,
The app I want to extend is not built using Fiori elements. Also it does not contain a manifest.json file(see the attached screenshot).
In WebIDE, we can use the extensibility pane to extend it.
basextendcrm.png

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Free style is still supported, see https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/#/topic/a264a9abf98d4caabbf9b027bc1005d8. For CRM_MYACCOUNTS, I am just not familiar with their applications.

Reghards,

Kevin

ajaygupta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

In Business Application Studio, we can extend only those apps which have a manifest.json file.

But for those apps which does not have an app descriptor, we get the below error message.

Select a different application. The selected application does not contain a manifest.json file.

Is there an option to extend those standard fiori apps, which does not have a manifest.json file?

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Assuming you are using Ver 2, extending Fiori Elements applications are a little different. There is an example here https://blogs.sap.com/2019/03/04/fiori-elements-extension-and-customization-step-by-step/, but the SAP written app is supported by the MM-FIO-PUR-SQ-CON team which has specific extension options. It depends on the release on what can be extended, but you can choose your release version(https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps('F1600A')/S18OP) and look at the extension options. I'm not that familiar with this app, but the MM team would be.

Regards,

Kevin

ajaygupta
Participant
0 Kudos

I guess as of now, we can use adaptation projects only for extending List Report and Object Page, Analytical List Page, and Overview Page applications.
SAP Help Portal

Is there a way to extend Freestyle Fiori apps(especially those built for business suite eg:CRM_MYACCOUNTS) ?

Kind Regards,
Ajay

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
ajaygupta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,
That was a very informative session.
But I don't know if we can use BAS to extend UI5 apps that do not have a manifest.json file.
For eg(Manage Purchase Contracts - Appid:F1600).
When we use the Yeoman generators to create the adaptation project, we receive the below error message

Select a different application. The selected application does not contain a manifest.json file.

extendappusingyeomangenerators.png

Regards,
Ajay