cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to encrypt payload using a 32 byte string with AES/CBC/PKCS5Padding algorithm ?

sam_anish1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

We need to encrypt incoming payload with a 32 byte string using AES/CBC/PKCS5Padding algorithm in CPI.

We've been analysing the standard encryption functionalities available in CPI but I am beginning to think they cant help directly with above requirement.

Example :

32byte Symmetric key - fpOBWSiDeP6kIjbyYFDGu3TnBqxTEpLT

We need to Encrypt the payload with above key using AES/CBC/PKCS5Padding algorithm.

Below is a sample screenshot from an online encryption service (https://8gwifi.org/CipherFunctions.jsp)

It would help a lot if you could share your experiences with similar scenarios or guide me to helpful documents.

Thanks & Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MarcoFreischlag
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

SAP CPI supports CMS with asymmetric key where the symmetric key is auto generated.
If you want to use your own symmetric key you have referenced you would need to come up with your own coding in a separate script step. Regarding coding samples, I'm sorry, I can't provide.

Regards Marco

MarcoFreischlag
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

can you explain a bit more in detail what you exactly mean with "32 byte string". As the PKCS7 encryptor supports AES/CBC/PKCS5Padding. I'm sorry, but I do not get the point of your exact problem. Maybe provide an example.

Kind Regards, Marco

sam_anish1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Appreciate your response. Ive added an example as suggested.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks & Regards

Sam