Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do scheduled SFTP through an ABAP code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have a scenario like this:

XI -> Firewall -> UNIX machine <- 3rd PARTY.

Since 3rd parties are putting their files on UNIX machine, so after UNIX machine there is a firewall so that the 3rd parties cant access the XI machine.

Since firewall is there, so i cant do normal FTP to get files from UNIX to XI....Moreover it is client requirement to do SFTP to get files from UNIX to XI.

So i have to do SFTP to get the files from UNIX machine.Moreover i have to bring the files at a scheduled time on weekly basis.

i have seen the SAPFTP function module in SE37.

<b>i have to write an ABAP program to do this scheduled SFTP to get the specified files at scheduled times only.</b>

Can anybody suggest how to do this thing.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is an example fot he same:

YOu can schedule your report at the required time to do the FTP.

Regards

Vijaya

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are writing a ABAP for getting the files then you can schedule that program using the transation SM36.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i know how to schedule the ABAP program...........thanks..

<b>My problem is how to do SFTP through ABAP program.</b>

Can anybody suggest how to write this ABAP code.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

according to SAP note, SFTP can be achived by using SAPFTP over SSH. it then says that communication via SSH can be configured for both active and passive mode of FTP communication.

<b>Can anybody tell how to configure communication via SSH for both active and passive mode of FTP communication.</b>

Because after the above is done, then i think that SAPFTP will use SSH for secure FTP.

<b>Can anybody also tell how to install SSH client local to client system and SSH demon local to FTP server system.</b>

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta